Effective 6/1/2016 the Atlanta Public Schools (APS) Human Resources Department will use The Work Number to provide verifications for mortgage lenders, banks, apartment complexes, and others who may need proof of your employment or income. The service is easy to use and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week both online and by phone.
APS’ Employer Code is 17322.
If a verifier is specifically requesting a salary key from you as proof of consent, please click here for next steps.
If you are requesting verification of Prior Years of Experience with Atlanta Public Schools or completion of a Student Loan Forgiveness Form submit your request via email to email@example.com. Requests will be returned to the requestor within 3-5 business days.
When submitting your Prior Years of Service or Student Loan Forgiveness Form to the experience verification email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), please provide the following:
Attach the electronic form (verification or loan forgiveness) to your email.
On the subject line of the email please include,
- Your first name
- Your last name
- The last school, location or site you reported to work
In the body of the email please include,
- Approximate dates you were employed with APS
- Your former last names, if applicable
- Your employee identification number (Lawson number), if you have it
- The last 4 digits of your social security number
- An email address or mailing address to send the requested information
- A contact phone number where we can reach you
- Any additional information that may help us in completing your request (additional instructions, email or mailing addresses, addition school or work site information, etc.)
If you are a NEW employee submitting an Experience Verification form to Atlanta Public Schools to receive compensation credit for years of work experience, please click here to go to the APS Compensation page:
If you have questions regarding the submission or completion of your verification please submit your concern to your respective HR Records Management Specialist:
All High Schools
Elementary & Middle Schools: Carver, Grady & Washington Clusters
Elementary & Middle Schools: Douglass & Jackson Cluster (Temporary: North Atlanta & South Atlanta Clusters)
Chief Operations Officer
Elementary & Middle Schools: North Atlanta, Therrell, South Atlanta & Mays Cluster
Teaching & Learning
Chief of Schools Officer