Prospective Student and Parent Information about Grady High School
Here is a great place to learn about Grady High School. See the following sections on the left side of this page:
· Grady 101: Here you can find information about Grady academics and student support.
· Grady parent contacts: See list of parents who are eager to chat with you and answer questions from the point of view of their individual experiences.
· Check out the “Incoming 8th grade Events” tab and add these important dates to your calendar.
· FAQ page: Read this page to see answers to question you may have.
AP HUMAN GEOGRAPHY
Grady High School is offering incoming 9th
graders the opportunity to take a college-level course: Advanced-Placement (AP) Human Geography
. Students taking AP Human Geography will get a chance to experience a course that has a collegiate curriculum and workload. Moreover, students who want to take the AP Exam for potential college credit may do so. Click the following link to see what this course entails:
Students must have an 85 average in their seventh and eighth grade honors social studies classes (or 90 average in non-honors) and an 85 average in their seventh and eighth grade honors language arts classes (or 90 average in non-honors). If a student does not meet this requirement in one of these content areas, a teacher recommendation is required. Finally, if a parent wants his or her student enrolled in the course despite not meeting the admissions criteria, he or she will be required to submit a waiver.
Here are some other ways to learn about Grady:
· Email your questions
-- If you have a question about Grady or the transition process---Send a question to Grady101series@gmail.com
and we will do our best to find your answer.
· Explore the Grady website. Information that you may find helpful includes: