Springdale Park Elementary has a Safety Plan that is regularly practiced with our students. Below, are some of the details that APS has approved for distribution, which we would like to share:
If there is an emergency whereby we must leave or evacuate the school there is a procedure in place. If this happens, SPARK will work in conjunction with the Atlanta Public Schools to notify parents via a robo-call and/or an emergency SPARK-e. Morningside Elementary is our Reunification site.
- All training and emergency guidelines are in compliance with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA).
- All schools are required to send personnel to Safety Coordinators training yearly.
- Safety plans are reviewed and approved by Atlanta Public School Safety and Security Department, the Atlanta Fire Department, and Atlanta Police Department Detectives Unit.
- Monthly emergency drills include the seven types –Bomb, Intruder, Tornado, Fire, Bus Evacuation, AED, and Earthquake.
- All Fire Drills are monitored by the Atlanta Fire Department.
- Every school has staff on hand trained in CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Police and Security have direct access to APS Close Circuit Television at each school.
- APS has 24 hour Emergency Communications Center with 911.
Much of the SPARK Safety Plan cannot be shared for security reasons. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact