Armon Toomer Elementary School
J. Ashley Adamo
At Fred Armon Toomer Elementary, we are very proud of our teachers. We feel that they are more than ready for the 2015-16 school year and are prepared to help your child do his/her best in school. As a Title I school, we are required by federal law, the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), to let you know about your child’s teachers’ qualifications. It is your right to request the following information about your child’s teachers’ training and credentials:
- Whether the teacher met the state requirements from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for certification for the grade level and subject area which they teach;
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency or other temporary status through which Georgia qualifications or certification criteria have been waived;
- What undergraduate or graduate degree(s) the teacher holds, including graduate certificates and additional degrees, and major(s) or area(s) of concentration; and
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.
- Whether your child has been assigned to a teacher who does not meet the requirements for highly qualified teacher, or
- Whether your child has been taught four consecutive weeks or more by a teacher who does not meet the highly qualified requirements.
Please know that our staff is committed to helping your child reach his/her highest academic potential throughout his/her school career. That commitment includes making sure that all of our teachers and paraprofessionals are highly skilled and are providing quality instruction to your child.
If you wish to request information concerning a teacher’s qualifications, please contact me, Mrs. Ashley Adamo, by phone at 404-802-3450 or by email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and involvement in your child’s education.
From little seeds grow mighty trees!
65 Rogers Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30317 ▪404-802-3450 Main Office ▪404-371-1684 Fax