What is the Writing Center?The Grady High School Writing Center provides students with one-on-one tutoring serviceson writing projects, as well as workshops, presentations, and contests for the school-at-large.Monday-Thursday | 3:30-5:30 pm | Media CenterWhat’s in it for - - - students?
● One-on-one help with writing:
▪ class assignments ▪ research papers ▪ essays for class, college admissions, or scholarships
▪ resumes ▪ creative writing – poems, short stories, song lyrics, and more!
● Writing guides, sample essays, resource books
● Writing contests — poetry, personal essays, short stories
● Workshops — college essays, GGT, poetry, playwriting
● Summer Writing Camp – two weeks to explore various modes of creative writing
What’s in it for - - - parents?
● Help for your student
● Free editing services (for resumes, letters, and more)
● FAO (For AdultsOnly) Grady Book Club (for adults in the Grady community)
● Questions? Contact Nick Chiles (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Denene Millner (Denene@MyBrownBaby.com).
What’s in it for - - - teachers?● Support for you — classroom presentations, help with special projects
● Extra writing help for your students who need it● Finding resources
Many thanks to our Writing Center Sponsors!
The Grady High School Foundation (GHSF), following its mission to "catalyze and fund innovation at Grady High School to sustain its success," created the Grady Writing Center (WC) as a resource for students and teachers.
Now in its ninth year of operation, it is funded by the GHS, the Boys High School Association, the Harper Foundation, and a grant from the Atlanta Foundation. The WC is working to fulfill the dream of the Foundation to create a place that encourages writing and helps make better writers. www.gradyhsfoundation.org