District 4: Nancy Meister | Board Vice-Chair
As a parent and stakeholder, Nancy M. Meister is passionate about the future of Atlanta Public Schools, and has been personally involved in the district for many years and recognizes the importance of public education. She and her husband have watched their children grow and thrive in the Atlanta Public Schools system. As a residential real estate agent, she understands and appreciates the importance of great neighborhood schools, their impact on attracting new businesses to the city and their contribution to the overall sustainable growth of the metro area.
Some of Nancy’s community activities include the following: president, North Atlanta Parents of Public Schools (2006-2009); founding member, North Atlanta High School Foundation (2006); PTA president, North Atlanta High School (2007-2008); PTA president, Sutton Middle School (2004-2006); member, Northern Corridor Task Force (2003); and participant, Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk, Seattle, Washington, (2007) and San Francisco (2008).
As a member of the Atlanta Board of Realtors, Nancy is currently a residential real estate agent with Beacham and Company. Prior to joining Beacham, she worked in the Buckhead office of Harry Norman Realtors.
· $50 million-plus in career sales
- Top 15 producer in one of metro Atlanta's highest dollar volume offices
- Recipient of the Miss Emmie Award from Harry Norman, REALTORS for highest ethical and professional standards
- Life member, Million Dollar Club
- 2000 Rookie of the Year for outstanding performance
- Numerous professional designations, including senior marketing consultant (SMC), accredited buyer specialist (ABS), and eco-broker
- Licensed as an associate broker
- Atlanta Board of Realtors “Good Neighbor Award” in 2009 for making exceptional contributions to improve the quality of life in the community
A native of Massachusetts, Nancy earned a B.S. in marketing management from Bentley College in Waltham, Massachusetts. She moved from Boston to San Francisco and then to Atlanta in 1987. Nancy and her husband, Steve, have lived in Buckhead for 23 years and have raised two sons: Matthew, a Georgia Tech student, and Andrew, a junior at North Atlanta High School.