Room & Grade Parents
In an effort to provide various ways for families to stay connected and informed, the PTA has created: grade level social coordinators. These roles exist to meet larger, grade-level needs while the room parent still serves the needs of an individual class and teacher. It is the PTA’s hope that between these roles, families will have easy access to school, grade, and classroom information.
Grade Level Social Coordinators:
The social coordinators (two per grade) will help coordinate community-building activities for an entire grade. This person is responsible for scheduling various activities for an entire grade. The social coordinator may want to set up a standing park playdate for families and children in an entire grade. Ideally, this person will also schedule several adult-only events for parents of an entire grade to meet and socialize. There is no expectation that the social chair host events at home or be solely responsible for making an event happen; this is simply a coordinator role.Our Grade Level Social Coordinator are:
- First Grade:
- Second Grade:
- Suzanne Oldweiler - email@example.com
- Dianne Shainn - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third Grade:
- Fourth Grade:
- Fifth Grade:
Room Parent and other Classroom Volunteer Opportunities:
There is a new process for obtaining classroom volunteers, including room parent, SWAG volunteer, party planner, photographer, and field trip chaperones. Our goals for the new process are maximum participation, transparency, and equity.
- Step 1: You will complete digital form to indicate your areas of interest. Complete the form multiple times if you have children in more than one classroom in which you want to volunteer.
- Volunteer Form (This link will be available in late July)
- Step 2: From the form, we will gather pools of interested parents. Teachers will provide input to refine the pool.
- Step 3: A committee comprised of three people (the room parent coordinator, a MES administrator, and a PTA executive board member) will meet to choose volunteers from the pool by randomly choosing a parent for each position (except field trip chaperones, see below) using the numbered list of parents in the pool and a random number generator.
- For field trips, we will provide the entire pool of volunteers to the teachers. Teachers will choose parent volunteers from the list, with the goal of maximum participation. Each parent can only chaperone once, until no other parents from the pool are available.
- Step 4: We will post classroom volunteer positions no later than the week of August 26, 2019.
PTA Room Parent and Social Chair Coordinator: TBD