Prospective Parent Information
Welcome to our wonderful school! Morningside Elementary School has two campuses: MES Main Campus (Grades 1 - 5) and the MES Kindergarten Center opened in 2018/19. Come visit us to see and learn about our facilities, our programs, our students, and our excellent school community. All prospective parents are welcome, regardless of your child's predicted enrollment date. No children, please. Tours are held during school hours, and we prefer to have as few disturbances as possible while school is in session. See our tour scheduled listed below.Parking:
New Student "Back to School" Websites:
- Main Campus (Grades 1 - 5): There are very few visitor parking spots at our MES Main Campus, and they are usually full. Parking is most convenient on the neighborhood streets. Please respect no parking signs and driveways. The Haygood parking lot is not available for MES visitors or individuals registering students.
- Kindergarten Center: see the Kindergarten Center Parking Map
TOURS:Prospective parent group tours are held at the MES Main Campus and Kindergarten Campus at the dates specified below. Visit the Visitor's Guide for directions, entrance and parking information. Press the intercom button on the wall at main entrance and wait for the "unlock click". Sign in at the Lobby Guard Station, and get a visitor badge in the Main Office.
- Main Campus Tour Dates: Registration for these events are required; visit our Registration SignUp. The tour guide will meet you there at 10:00 am. Tours run approximately 90 minutes.
- Friday, April 20, 2018 | 18/19 Rising Kindergarteners Only, registration required see information below
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 starting at 10:00am
- Thursday, January 17, 2019 starting at 10:00am
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 starting at 10:00am
- Kindergarten Center Tour Dates: Guided tour with question and answer session facilitated by program administrator Dr. Holly Brookins. This is an adult only event, registration for these events are required.
- Monday, October 15, 3:00- 4:00 pm
- Monday, March 11, 3:15pm - 4:15pm - this tour is closed due to maximum capacity.
- Friday, April 19 - tour will be included at Dolphin Splash. Sign up to attend! Details posted below.
- To sign up for this tour, please visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044CA9AA29A0FF2-morningside
2019/20 School Year
- March 11 - 13| Rising Kindergarteners Only: 9:00am - 12:00pm at Morningside Elementary School
- Kindergarten Round Up#1
- MES Main Campus: 1053 E Rock Springs Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
- Turn around time for required medical/dental forms and vaccine records can be 2-3 weeks at some doctor/dental offices, thus we recommend starting this process by requesting them as soon as possible.
- APS registration forms are available here: https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/Page/49656
Note: Additional registration dates will be posted as they become available. Registration dates were updated 02/26/192018/19 APS Registration Documents for New MES Students are now availableFor details about registration and the required documents which you will need to complete registration click here. Please bring copies of all required documents with you to registration on the dates listed above.It is imperative that you work with us and submit all required documents during the requested time frame. Proper submission of the required documents allows us to submit accurate enrollment numbers to Atlanta Public Schools, which helps us to properly staff our school as accurately as possible.Time Saving Tips
- Online Registration: I registered my new student (k-5) online, do I need to attend a registration at the school? Yes, to finalize the 18/19 students registration process you must attend an onsite registration. Please bring your online registration confirmation number and all paperwork so they can verify that all necessary paperwork has been uploaded and is legible in the APS system.
- Your Pediatrician/Dentist may have a 7-14 day turn around time for your child's Immunization and Georgia Vision, Hearing & Dental form request.
- Notarize your Affidavit of Residency in advance.
- Make sure all required documents are with you on site. APS cannot process incomplete applications.
- MES Registration Questions:
NEW KINDERGARTEN STUDENT EVENTS:
- APS Student Relations or call 404-802-2233
2019 Dolphin Dive-In for Rising Kindergarten Students
BACK TO SCHOOL CHECKLIST:Check out the 2018/19 Back to School Checklist to help you get your student's first day off to a good start!MEET & GREET:Meet & Greet allows parents and students an opportunity to drop-in for a classroom visit. You and your child will be able to meet your child’s teacher for the upcoming year, and greet new classmates. 2019/20 Meet & Greet date will be posted as it is available.Morningside Elementary School communicates with our families in a variety of different ways. This includes our MES website, weekly digital newsletter "Digital Dolphin", MySchool Anywhere Digital Family Directory and our general MES Facebook page opened to the public. We also have Grade Specific Facebook Pages that allows our parents to share, post and chat all things MES! If you would like more information on any of these items email the MES Communication Chair.FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2019/20:Monday, August 12th, 2019. Visit the Atlanta Public School (APS) 2019/20 School Calendar for more dates. In addition, the MES Google Calendar is a great source of dates and times.PTA Prospective Parent Liason: Emily Fink
- June 3 - 7 and June 10-14| Rising Kindergarteners Only
- We are offering 2 weeks of Dolphin Splash with different themes each week. Visit the Dolphin Dive-In page for more information!