Prospective Parent Information
Welcome to our wonderful school! Morningside Elementary School has two campuses: MES Main Campus (Grades 1 - 5) and the MES Kindergarten Center opened in 2018/19. Come visit us to see and learn about our facilities, our programs, our students, and our excellent school community. All prospective parents are welcome, regardless of your child's predicted enrollment date. No children, please. Tours are held during school hours, and we prefer to have as few disturbances as possible while school is in session. See our tour scheduled listed below.Parking:
New Student "Back to School" Websites:
- Main Campus (Grades 1 - 5): There are very few visitor parking spots at our MES Main Campus, and they are usually full. Parking is most convenient on the neighborhood streets. Please respect no parking signs and driveways. The Haygood parking lot is not available for MES visitors or individuals registering students.
- Kindergarten Center: see the Kindergarten Center Parking Map
TOURS:Prospective parent group tours are held at the MES Main Campus and Kindergarten Campus at the dates specified below. Visit the the Visitor's Guide for directions, enterance and parking information. Press the intercom button on the wall at main enterance and wait for the "unlock click". Sign in at the Lobby Guard Station, and get a visitor badge in the main office.
- Main Campus Tour Dates: Registration for these events are required; visit our Registration SignUp. The tour guide will meet you there at 10:00 am. Tours run approximately 90 minutes.
- Friday, April 20, 2018 | 18/19 Rising Kindergarteners Only, registration required see information below
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 starting at 10:00am
- Thursday, January 17, 2019 starting at 10:00am
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 starting at 10:00am
- Kindergarten Splash (rising kindergarten students only) April 2019, details will be posted below when available.
- Kindergarten Center Tour Dates: Guided tour with question and answer session facilitated by program administrator Dr. Holly Brookins. Registration for these events are required; visit our Registration SignUp.
- Monday, October 15, 3:00- 4:00 pm
- March 14 - 16 | Rising Kindergarteners Only: 9:00am - 1:00pm at Morningside Elementary School
- Kindergarten Roundup #1: Rising Kindergarteners
- March 30 | Existing Student Registration
- Registration Packets will be mailed home to existing MES students by March 16. Parents/Guardians are asked to review the packet and return it to school no later than March 30 to ensure their student is registered for 18/19 school year.
- May 31 - June 1 | All Grades (Rising Kindergarten - 5th Grade): 9:00am -12:00pm and 1:00 - 3:00pm at Morningside Elementary School
- closed for lunch 12:00 - 1:00pm
- June 4 - 5 | Grady Cluster Registration, All grades (Rising Kindergarten - 12th Grade): 9:00am -12:00pm and 2:00 - 4:00pm at Springdale Park Elementary
- "One Stop Registration Shop”
- June 18 - June 22 | All Grades (Rising Kindergarten - 5th Grade): 9:00am -12:00pm at Morningside Elementary School
- June 25 - June 28 | All Grades (Rising Kindergarten - 5th Grade): 9:00am -12:00pm at Morningside Elementary School
- July 23 - July 27 | All Grades (Rising Kindergarten - 5th Grade): 9:00am -12:00pm at Morningside Elementary School
- NO REGISTRATION: July 30, July 31st and August 1st
- Starting August 2, Monday - Friday | All Grades (Rising Kindergarten - 5th Grade): 8:15 -11:00am at Morningside Elementary School
Note: Registration dates were updated 06/26/182018/19 APS Registration Documents for New MES Students are now availableFor details about registration and the required documents which you will need to complete registration click here. Please bring copies of all required documents with you to registration on the dates listed above.It is imperative that you work with us and submit all required documents during the requested time frame. Proper submission of the required documents allows us to submit accurate enrollment numbers to Atlanta Public Schools, which helps us to properly staff our school as accurately as possible.Time Saving Tips
- Online Registration: I registered my new student (k-5) online, do I need to attend a registration at the school? Yes, to finalize the 18/19 studnet registration process you must attend an onsite registration. Please bring your online registration confirmation number and all paperwork so they can verify that all necessary paperwork has been uploaded and is legible in the APS system.
- Your Pediatrician/Dentist may have a 7-14 day turn around time for your child's Immunization and Georgia Vision, Hearing & Dental form request.
- Notarize your Affidavit of Residency in advance.
- Make sure all required documents are with you on site. APS cannot process incomplete applications.
- MES Registration Questions:
BACK TO SCHOOL CHECKLIST:Check out the Back to School Checklist to help you get your student's first day off to a good start!MEET & GREET:Meet & Greet allows parents and students an opportunity to drop-in for a classroom visit. You and your child will be able to meet your child’s teacher for the upcoming year, and greet new classmates. Held Tuesday, July 31st visit our Meet & Greet page for times and locations.Morningside Elementary School communicates with our families in a variety of different ways. This includes our MES website, weekly digital newsletter "Digital Dolphin", MySchool Anywhere Digital Family Directory and our general MES Facebook page opened to the public. We also have Grade Specific Facebook Pages that allows our parents to share, post and chat all things MES! If you would like more information on any of these items email the MES Communication Chair.FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:Wesdesday, August 1st, visit the Atlanta Public School (APS) 2018/19 School Calender for more dates. In addition, the MES Google calender is a great source of dates and times.PTA Prospective Parent Liason: Emily Fink
- APS Student Relations or call 404-802-2233