Role of the Room Parent
We are looking for parents to serve as Room Parent for their child's homeroom class. If interested, please contact the parent center at: 404-802-4056. Below are details related to the role of Room Parent.
- Work effectively with your classroom teacher.
- Help build friendly relations among parents in the classroom.
- Encourage teacher(s) and parents to develop a “team effort” between home and school.
- Interpret and promote the work of the PTA within the school and community.
- Provide teacher with assistance with classroom projects, field trips, celebrations, etc.
- Encourage parents to sign up for the Class Dojo and Remind to receive school notifications
- Coordinate with parents for holiday parties.
- Coordinate teacher appreciation activities for Teacher Appreciation Day.
- Make every effort to attend PTA meetings and share meeting information with parents.
- Involve as many parents as possible in class activities.
- Acknowledge volunteers with thank you letters or notes.
- Work with the Parent Center Team to help assist and promote community events.