2019-2020 Pre-Kindergarten Lottery and Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in the Atlanta Public Schools' Pre-K program. The Pre-K lottery application for the 2019-2020 school year was available from January 3, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.-February 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. If you are interested in participating in our program, but have missed the lottery application acceptance period, we will begin accepting waiting list applications on March 1, 2019 in an attempt to fill any vacancies that remain after the lottery drawing and to generate waiting lists. Seats will be filled on a first-come first-serve basis. If a seat becomes available and you are next in line to receive a seat, you will be contacted by phone.
- Child must turn four years old by September 1, 2019
- Child must live within the Atlanta Public Schools' attendance zone
- All APS employees are eligible to apply
- If you are the parent of twins, triplets, etc., you are required to submit one application per child. Before the lottery drawing takes place, each application will be linked to ensure that they are placed at the same site
- Applicants must have a valid email address to apply
When accessing the application we recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox. The application may take approximately 30 minutes to complete. You may save any data entered and return to complete the application at a later time if necessary.
To submit an application, please visit www.apsprekapplication.com.
**Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age requirement for a student to enroll into Pre-K?
To be eligible for the 2019-2020 school year, your child's date of birth should be on or between the following dates: September 2, 2014-September 1, 2015
If my child lives outside of the Atlanta Public Schools' attendance zone, is he/she eligible to participate in the Pre-K program?
No. If your home address is not zoned for Atlanta Public Schools, you are not eligible to participate. If you are unsure if your address is zoned for APS Click Here to verify.
If I am an APS employee and do not live within the APS attendance zone, is my child eligible to participate?
Yes. Proof of employment such as a badge or check stub is required.
If my child is eligible for Kindergarten, but did not participate in a state funded Pre-K program, are they still eligible to enroll into Pre-K?
Yes. Please contact the Office of Early Learning at 404-802-3640 for more information.
1. Proof of birth (Your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2019)
- Original certified birth certificate; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted)
2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
3. Parent/Guardian proof of identification
- Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
4. Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency
- Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name; (Cable and phone bills are not acceptable)
**If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND 3 forms of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit. For a copy of the affidavit of residency form, please CLICK HERE.
5. Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session
6. Proof of income (for Head Start sites ONLY) Click the link below to see if the site(s) that you are interested in is a Head Start partnership site: http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/Page/35082
- W2, tax return, SSI income, child support, TANF, or a non-income declaration form
- If you did not have any income for the previous year, a non-income declaration form will be provided to you during your enrollment session.
7. Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, or health insurance card
8. Proof of food stamps and/or TANF (If applicable)
9. Immunization Certificate (3231)
10. Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Early Learning at 404-802-3640, firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter at APS_ OEL.