Students New To APS Must Complete New Student Enrolllment
Atlanta Virtual Academy Full Time Enrollment Goal
The program goal is to provide students with total flexibilty and choice around their learning through a 100% online experience as full time students enrolled at Alonzo A. Crim High School.
Atlanta Virtual Academy Full Time Model Program Overview
- Atlanta Virtual Academy will partner with our affiliate Crim HS for students to enroll full time. Through technology, we connect parents, teachers and students which allows students 24/7 access to their courses. AVA's certified teachers provide instruction and online communication to assist students with their learning. Parent oversight and involvement are critical for the full time virtual student. Students can take all their core, world language, AP, CTAE and elective courses online, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. This model is ideal for students who are competitive athletes, high performing students who want to accelerate faster than a traditional face-to-face model allows for and those students who simply desire to be at off site and work independently at their own pace
- Atlanta Virtual Academy will have a designated space ( i.e. computer lab, a classroom) in Crim HS for continuity and to establish a base for students to report to if they need additional assistance outside of the virtual classroom.
When a student selects the AVA full time model, parents must attend a face-to face orientation facilitated by the AVA leadership team. Parents are provided a contract which outlines the expectations.
These expectations include:
• A device with internet access
• Parent bi-weekly online conference with the AVA teacher to discuss progress. (if you miss a meeting, you must reschedule within 24 hours)
• If students are not successful, we implement the a 5 step protocol of intervention
• If a student continues to experience difficulty, we meet with the school counselor at Crim HS and students will have to report to on campus for direct support through the Crim HS blended learning model on site.
• Welcome/Student Orientation
• Student must commit to a virtual weekly check in with the Atlanta Virtual Academy success coach and/or teacher.
• Students must adhere to their daily virtual instructional schedule via the Learning Live Virtual Classroom (this is only an example and a schedule is created case by case)
o 9:00-10:00 (Algebra I A)
o 10:00-11:00 (Physical Science A)
o 11:00-12:00 (World History A)
o 1:00-2:00 (Literature A)
• Student is required to adhere to all school disciplinary policies related to academic integrity and dishonesty in the academic setting.
Final Grade and EOC Testing and Scheduling
A full time virtual student is scheduled for semester long courses. If it is an EOC course, they will report to Alonzo A. Crim High School and take their exam. AV A full time students follow the same testing guidelines and testing calendar as outlined by the district.
Student Enrollment Models