2018-2019 GRADY HS PTSA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Dr. Betsy Bockman, 404-802-3001
VICE PRESIDENT, COMMUNICATIONS
VICE PRESIDENT, FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS & SCHOOL SUPPORT
PTSA COMMITTEES OVERVIEW
Atlanta Council of PTAs Committee:
- Represents Grady PTSA as delegates to the Council.
- Informs the PTSA about upcoming meetings and events of the Council.
Council of Intown Neighbors & Schools (CINS) Committee:
- Represents the school in coordinating one CINS meeting a year
- Serves as a liaison between PTSA and CINS programs and issues.
Community and Business Sponsors Committee:
- Initiates and develops business relationships while advocating for the Grady student with intention to garner community support and opportunity for funding for greater student achievement.
- Accepts in-kind donations helpful in operating PTSA school-based events.
Corporate Partnerships Committee:
- Coordinates in-kind requests of corporate partners.
- Informs and encourages GHS Stakeholders to participate in all programs in which Grady can receive residual funding based upon community spending.
- Distributes cards at PTSA events.
Faculty and Student Committee:
- Invites faculty and student representation and contribution within the PTSA decision-making process.
- Makes suggestions on revising the bylaws for the PTSA as needed to reflect local unit revisions.
- Ensures that PTSA is in compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Maintains communication for the GradyGram and social media, such as Facebook.
GradyGram Digital Bulletin Board is a weekly electronic bulletin of “Grady Life”. This can include information such as academic info, sports and club schedules, counselor's advice, and principal’s updates. This information is compiled via submission from all GHS personnel, parent liaisons, and booster club leaders. Please send verified information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to GradyGram:
- Provides meeting refreshments at PTSA sponsored events such as Open House, etc.
Principal's Coffee Committee:
- Schedules and provides meeting refreshments for Principal Coffees throughout the year. This event is an opportunity for parents to meet and get school updates in a more intimate setting.
Teacher/Staff Appreciation Committee:
- Plans projects and events to honor school employees.
- Plans coordinate and implement thoughtful ways to recognize staff.
Operations and School Support
Academic Fair Committee:
- Works with faculty department chairs to coordinate, find judges and provide refreshments for the fair in December.
- Coordinates fair results for publication.
Buildings and Grounds Committee:
- Organizes work day(s) to clean up school.
- Undertakes beautification projects with volunteers and business partner assistance.
Honors Night Reception Committee:
- Assists faculty with an end-of-year Honors Night—printing and mailing invitations, purchasing, and setting up light refreshments.
Media Center Committee:
- Assists the media specialist with special projects to expand the resources of the center.
Teacher Grants Committee:
- Administers the PTSA Teacher Grant Program in the fall.
Fundraising and Special Events
- Coordinates with SGA and faculty planning of Homecoming, Coronation, and Prom.
Visions of the Future Committee:
- Coordinates (with Junior parents) and provides the refreshments for Seniors and those attending the Baccalaureate type program traditionally held on a weekend morning prior to graduation.
Parking Lot Fundraising Committee:
- Coordinates overall fundraising plans to support PTSA funding goals in support of overall GHS student advancement ambitions. This includes maintaining a current list of events planned for Piedmont Park with advanced communications with vendors and organizations soliciting parking lot business.
- Distributes and collects membership forms and dues.
- Sets up membership tables at school events. Reports membership numbers to State PTA.
- Solicits teacher, administrators, and staff securing PTSA membership.