March 9-11, 2020 | All APS Elementary Schools
Whether you’re a first-time APS family, or a master district navigator, we’re here to make sure you and your child are ready for Kindergarten! Here’s what you need to know:
- Kindergarten RoundUp will be at all APS elementary schools from March 9-11 from 9 - 12pm. Need to know what school you’re zoned to? Click here to visit our school zone locator.
- You can learn more about the enrollment process, needed documents, and even fill out an enrollment application online, by visiting our enrollment site located here.
- Check out your school section below to learn about the events happening in your community before Day One, or learn specifics about Kindergarten Round Up times!
- Need more information about Dual Language Immersion enrollment/application? Check out their website here!
- Make sure you save the date for our 4th annual Rising Pre-K & K Family Fun Fest, scheduled for May 16th, 2020 from 10am - 2pm! Stay tuned for more information.
- And, of course, Day One of school is August 10th! We can't wait to see you there - and hopefully before.
Kindergarten Readiness Tips & Tools
- Atlanta Public Schools offers several summer opportunities before Kindergarten. Check our Power Up page this spring to see if your school has a KinderCamp, or whether we’ll be offering a district Summer Transition Program.
- Ready4KGA is a great text messaging app that sends fun tips for engaging and supporting young children. Text 'Georgia' to 70138 to sign up!
- The Mayor’s Summer Reading Club hosts a variety of opportunities throughout the summer. Make sure to check out their calendar!
- Additionally, did you know that Georgia has standards starting at birth? You can see what the standards (e.g. learning expectations) are for each age group by each domain.
- You can also download a developmental milestones app here - this one is from the CDC. If you suspect that an infant, child, or young adult has a developmental delay or disability, Atlanta Public Schools Child Find can open a window of hope for a brighter future. Please review this information and call 404.802.1695 for support.