Q & A about registration at SPARK....
Check your address by clicking on the link. Address Locator
Once you have entered your address the address locator will let you know specifically which school(s) your child should attend. If you are not in the Springdale Park school zone, your child will not be able to attend SPARK. SPARK is not a "School Choice" school. We are currently over our capacity and will only enroll students who live within our attendance zone.
If the answer is yes, then you may register your child for Kindergarten at SPARK.
If the answer is no, your child can not be enrolled until the next school year.
All students who are new to SPARK and Atlanta Public Schools must register!
Registration dates for the 2020-2021 SPARK academic year are March 9th - 11th from 9 to 12 on SPARK(Main Campus) at 803 Briarcliff.
If you are unable to make the March dates, you may also register your child from 9am - 12pm on the dates below.
June 8 – 11
June 15 - 18
July 13 – 16
July 20 – 23
July 27 – 30
Aug 3 - 6
For students who enroll after August 10th, 2020, parents are requested to register their students between 8:30am – 9:30am. Parents may register students any day at these times. SPARK does have a notary on site, but it is highly recommended that all documentation requiring a notary be completed before arriving at SPARK. Registration packets and a registration checklist may be picked up in the front office.
The sooner that SPARK knows a final student count, the better we can prepare needed class space and the right number of teachers. Timely registration reduces the chances of “leveling” (adding a teacher due to unexpected class size, which splits up classrooms a few weeks after school starts). When spring registration is held, families thinking of sending their child to SPARK for Kindergarten should register during this period. Families can always un-register with a phone call/email if plans change.
APS requires rising K families provide the following (see APS’s registration page for forms)
1. Will your child turn 5 by September 1st, 2020?
2. Parent/Guardians must provide one of the following:
- Valid Georgia Driver's License or state issued ID
- Valid U.S. Passport ID
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Government ID
3. State of Georgia Immunization Form 3231
4. State of Georgia "Hearing, Dental and Vision" Form 3300
5. Birth Certificate(Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1st)
6. Student's Social Security Card
7. Proof of Residence in SPARK school attendance zone
- Deed, Mortgage Statement or Lease
- Current Electric Bill(GA Power, etc.) if lease includes utilities, please submit a copy of tax, auto insurance, or auto registration with address zoned for SPARK in parent/guardians name.
8. Affidavit of Residency Form/Lease Verification
9. SPARK Medical Form
10. SPARK Student Information Form
11. Did you complete an online registration? Online Registration This needs to be completed online and physical documents must be brought in to school.