School Year 2020-2021
Welcome to SPARK! Your successful school year starts here. Before you begin the first day of school, make sure you know your plan for each of the following items. Use the following to keep it in one place.
With the help of your family, by the end of Sneak Peek on August 9th, you should be able to answer all of these questions:
- When do I need to be in my classroom each day? ___________
- How will I get to SPARK? ______ Bus Route # _____ time ____Car ____ Walk/Bike
- Is my bag tag ready? (Fill in/update bag tag, attach to backpack before the first day)
- Who is my homeroom teacher? ___________________ Where is she/he? _____________
- Did I bring my school supplies? If I didn’t order a school supply kit already, bring the supplies to my teacher at Sneak Peek. View school supply list.
- What is my plan for lunch? ______ Bringing lunch _______ Buying lunch in cafeteria
- What is my plan for a healthy snack? ____________________
- How will I get home? _____ Bus Route # _____ time _____Car ____ Walk/Bike
To get the most out of this year at SPARK, please make sure you plan for the following:
- Sign up for the SPARK-e newsletter. Everything is in this informative, weekly SPARK-e newsletter: dates, reminders, and involvement opportunities!
- Be Involved. Volunteer in your child’s classroom, at SPARK events, or on committees.
- Before Day 1, arrive to Sneak Peek on August 9th at 9:30am. Follow signs to proceed to Station 1. Sneak Peek will be your one stop shop for all things SPARK (transportation tags, after school activities, spirit gear, wellness questions, etc.). Classrooms open shortly after the start, so you have time to visit the tables while you wait to meet your teacher. Bring cash, check, or card for food, SPARK spirit gear, and PTO Supporter memberships.
- Mark your calendar, and plan to attend these events in July and August:
- 8/7 8:00-9:00 Orientation for Parents of New Students (@ SPARK Cafeteria)
- 8/7 9:30am-11:30am Sneak Peek for all New and Returning Families
- 8/10 Day 1 of School 8am-2:30pm!! Please join us at SPARK to take photos of the kids as they go into school –paparazzi style! — then stay for our traditional Coffee & Kleenex social at 8:05am in the cafeteria.
- 8/27 5:00-7:30pm Back to School: for parents only!