Be Informed. Be Involved. Be Prepared. Be Safe.
- Sign up for the SPARK-e newsletter on our website.
- View and sync with the calendar. It includes all APS holidays and important events.
- New Parent Orientation - August 7th, 8:30am - 9:30am(parent and child)
- Sneak Peek: August 7th, 9:30am – 11:30am (parent and child)
- Day 1: August 10th
- Back to School Night: August 27th, 5:00pm – 7:30pm (parents only)
- Like us on facebook.com/SPARKPTO & follow us on Twitter @sparkPTO, @APS_SPARK, @TerryHarness.
- Read the APS Student Handbook.
- Attend Principal Coffees; he provides updates and answers questions. Look for dates on the web calendar and in SPARK-e.
- Visit PTO co-President’s coffee chats at San Francisco Coffee @ Amsterdam/N. Highland, once a month
- Stay in touch with your child’s teacher(s); he/she is your first point of contact for questions and concerns.
- Join the SPARK PTO – become a SPARK Supporter.
- Volunteer! Join PTO Committees as easy as emailing our Volunteer Coordinator.
- Save your BoxTops and be good patrons of our SPARK (business) Partners!
- Before School Starts:
- Purchase school supplies if you have not yet. Bring your supplies to Sneak Peek or on the first day of school.
- Complete any forms: allergies, volunteer
- How will your child get to school and get back home? Bus routes posted by July 30. (Read the transportation guidelines.)
- Pick up a Bag Tag at Sneak Peek and keep it current; your teacher will send your child home according to the information on this tag (free for new students, $5 for returning students).
- If applicable, register for after school care programs.
- On Day 1:
- Participate in our bus photo tradition. After kids get on the bus, families meet them at SPARK to take pictures as they come off the bus for the first time this school year. Then, parents meet for Coffee and Kleenex in the cafeteria at 8:05.
- Throughout the school year:
- Review monthly school lunch options and plan healthy daily snacks.
- Be at school on time. Instruction begins at 8:00am. Tardy slips will be issued at 8:01.
- Respect the laws:
- Watch and follow our crossing guards. Use our HAWK system. Cross only at crosswalks!
- Do not bring dogs or pets on school property.
- When exiting our parking lot, you may only turn right.
- Be considerate:
- Drive slowly on campus and on our neighbors’ streets.
- Plan for parking. Use the SPARK parking lot spaces or legal spaces on neighboring streets. Please be mindful that there is no parking at the Druid Hills United Methodist Church parking lot unless otherwise stated.
Last Modified on March 2, 2022