Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the 2022- 2023 school year at William M. Boyd ES! My name is Erica Hood, and I will be your child’s first-grade teacher. I have over twenty years of teaching experience and I am very excited to be back in the school building working with children. I have an exciting year planned full of opportunities for learning and growing.
Below is important information I like to bring to your attention:
- Behavior- Your child is expected to act in a manner that will ensure safety and consideration for the feelings of others. A Bobcat Behavior Sheet will go home M-T documenting your child’s behavior. Please view and initial daily.
- Arrival/ Dismissal- Students should arrive at school no later than 7:15 a.m. Students who come in after 8:00 a.m. will be marked tardy. Dismissal will begin at 2:45 p.m. Temporary changes in transportation should be written in the form of a note and given to the teacher. Permanent changes should be made in the front office.
- Homework- Homework folders will be sent home Mon- Thurs. It is very important that your child completes his or her homework daily.
- Snacks- Please read the snack letter in your parent packet. I would like for ALL parents to donate a snack to the class. Thank you in advance!
- Birthdays- If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday, please notify me or Ms. King (asst. teacher) at least 2 days before the celebration.
- Communication- Your child’s homework folder will go home Mon- Thurs. Please feel free to use the folder to send notes or call/ text me if you have any concerns about your child.
I look forward to working with you and your child this school year!
Ms. E. Hood