Looking to apply for Pre-k for Fall of 2021?
The application for the Pre-K lottery for 2021-2022 will be available online at EnrollEarlyATL.com from January 11th at 9:00a.m through March 15th at 11:59p.m. The initial lottery drawing will be held on March 26, 2021. Lottery results must be verified before they can be released. The verification process can take a few days, however, all applicants will be informed of the results via email and on their parent dashboard found within the enrollment system after this process is complete. After the lottery drawing takes place on March 26th, our application will reopen and remaining seats will then be filled on a first-come first-serve basis. If a seat becomes available and you are next in line to receive a seat, you will be contacted by email.
- Child must turn four years old by September 1, 2021
- Child must live within the Atlanta Public Schools' attendance zone
- All APS employees are eligible to apply
- If you are the parent of twins, triplets, etc., you are required to submit one application per child. Before the lottery drawing takes place, each application will be linked to ensure that they are placed at the same site
- Applicants must have a valid email address to apply
Lottery Application Process
Applicants can access our online lottery application by visiting www.enrollearlyatl.com from January 11th-March 15th. It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete the application. You will be asked to submit copies of key documents before your application is considered complete and can be submitted. Required documents are listed below. If you are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you can save your information and return later, but must submit by March 15th at 11:59 p.m. Lottery applications will NOT be accepted after March 15th at 11:59 p.m. for any reason.
When completing the application, applicants will be allowed to select a maximum of three different Pre-K sites and should list them in order of preference. Selecting three sites is optional. If you are only interested in one or two sites, leave the other site selection fields blank. Although not mandatory, we strongly encourage you to select your child's zoned school as your first choice. Acceptance into your zoned school creates an easy transition to kindergarten. In addition, school bus transportation services will only be offered to your child if they are accepted into their zoned school and live more than 1 mile away from the school.
Once the lottery results have been verified, each applicant will receive an email informing them of the results. If your child is not accepted, he or she will be placed on the waiting list for your first choice only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age requirement for a student to enroll into Pre-K?
To be eligible for the 2021-2022 school year, your child's date of birth should be on or between the following dates: September 2, 2016-September 1, 2017.
If my child lives outside of the Atlanta Public Schools' attendance zone, is he/she eligible to participate in the Pre-K program?
No. If your home address is not zoned for Atlanta Public Schools, you are not eligible to participate. If you are unsure if your address is zoned for APS click here to verify.
If I am an APS employee and do not live within the APS attendance zone, is my child eligible to participate?
Yes. Proof of employment such as a badge or check stub is required.
If my child is eligible for Kindergarten, but did not participate in a state funded Pre-K program, are they still eligible to enroll into Pre-K?
No. If your child is eligible for Kindergarten, please contact your zoned school for registration information.
The lottery drawing has taken place and my child was placed on the waiting list. How can I find out if he/she has moved up on the list?
As your child moves up on the waiting list, your parent dashboard will automatically update with the waiting list placement number for your child.
1. Proof of birth (Your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2021)
- Original certified birth certificate; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted)
2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
3. Parent/Guardian proof of identification
- Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license
4. Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency
- Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name; (Cable and phone bills are not acceptable) Bills must be dated within 30 days of your enrollment date.
**If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed Declaration of Residency form AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND 3 forms of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit. For a copy of the Declaration of Residency form, please CLICK HERE.
5. Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”
- If a waiver is needed, a downloadable copy will be available to you in the document upload section of the application.
6. Proof of income (for Pre-K sites with a Head Start partnership ONLY) Click the link below to see if the site(s) that you are interested in is a Head Start partnership site: http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/Page/35082 If both parents live within the same household, proof of income is required for each parent.
- W2, tax return, SSI income, child support, TANF, or a non-income declaration form
- If you did not have any income for the previous year, a non-income declaration form will be provided to you.
7. Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, or health insurance card
8. Proof of food stamps and/or TANF (If applicable)
9. Immunization Certificate (3231)
10. Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Early Learning at 404-802-3640, email@example.com or follow us on Twitter at APS_ OEL.