Your Pathway to College, Career and Life
The Atlanta College and Career Academy (ACCA) will provide more access to career pathways and prepare APS students for high-demand technical careers aligned with the economic and workforce needs of Atlanta and across Georgia. Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, ACCA will serve up to 1000 students and offer 14 career pathways at its newly renovated 1090 Windsor Street location.ACCA Admission Requirements(2020-2021 academic year)ACCA Career Pathways(Offered at the new Windsor Street location)
- Students must be in the 11th or 12th grade during 2020-2021 school year and on track to graduate
- Grade 11 (Cohort 2022) 12+ credit
- Grade 12 (Cohort 2021) 18+ credits **preference given to graduating seniors**
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- SST/504/Special Education – If yes, team must meet to confirm eligibility to participate
- Home school does not offer pathway requested
- Student has completed primary pathway at home school
- Aviation Maintenance
- Criminal Investigation
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Science
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Emergency Medical Responder
- General Automotive Technology
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism
- HVAC and Refrigeration
- Patient Care
Make an Informed Decision!
Students are asked to complete the YouScience career assessment before completing ACCA's online application. Available free via myBackpack, YouScience enables students to identify their natural talents and careers. Questions about YouScience? See your school counselor.
Open EnrollmentStudents who meet the requirements are eligible to submit online applications
Application deadline extended to Jan. 24!Note: ACCA will continue to offer Dual Enrollment classes at Atlanta Technical College, which has separate admissions criteria.
APS Nondiscrimination Policy
The Atlanta Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, citizenship, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, medical status, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or any legally protected status in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities. For additional information about nondiscrimination provisions, please contact the Office of Internal Resolution: 130 Trinity Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30303.
ACCA News and Updates
- Renovations are underway to the Parks Building - future home of the Atlanta College and Career Academy program. Learn more about the progress.
- On Nov. 21, 2019, ACCA hosted an informational session for students, parents and stakeholders at the Atlanta Technical College campus. Read more in the December ACCA e-newsletter.
- Get the latest ACCA news straight to your inbox! Email Dr. Shaundra Fears at email@example.com to subscribe to the ACCA newsletter. In the meantime, read the December issue| November issue | October issue | September issue.
- On Sept. 12, 2019, ACCA hosted a strategic planning session with industry professionals, who provided input in the development of ACCA. Read more in Talk Up APS.
ACCA Contact InformationAdministrative Office: 1560 Metropolitan Parkway, SW, Bldg. B, B165, Atlanta, GA 30310ACCA Campus (opening August 2020): 1090 Windsor Street SW Atlanta, GA 30310Office Phone: 404-225-4079
Dr. Tasharah WilsonPrincipal/CEO404-225-4079Dr. Shaundra FearsProgram Administrator404-225-4078Angela Fortson, LPCCounselor404-225-4080Kathia Anastal, Ed.S.Administrative Assistant404-225-4079