We are proud to be a DRESS CODE and UNIFORM school. We encourage and EXPECT our wonderful Parkside Pandas to observe and comply with our dress code by wearing school uniforms (see options below). Wearing uniforms enhances school pride, unity, and community spirit. They also save time and money.
2021 Uniform And Dress Code(published May-2021)
Thank you for your support and compliance.
Note 1.0: Uniforms are expected Monday-Thursday.
Note 2.0: Uniforms are optional on Fridays.
Proponents say that school uniforms make schools safer for students, create a "level playing field" that reduces socioeconomic disparities, and encourage children to focus on their studies rather than their clothes. Other supporting factors include:
- School uniforms may deter crime and increase student safety.
- School uniforms keep students focused on their education, not their clothes.
- School uniforms create a level playing field among students, reducing peer pressure and bullying.
- Wearing uniforms enhances school pride, unity, and community spirit.
- School uniforms may improve attendance and discipline.
- Uniform policies save valuable class time because they are easier to enforce than a standard dress code.
- School uniforms prevent the display of gang colors and insignia.
- School uniforms make getting ready for school easier, which can improve punctuality.
- School uniforms can save parents money.
- Most parents and educators support mandatory school uniforms.
- Students' legal right to free expression remains intact even with mandatory school uniforms.
- Students dressed in uniform are better perceived by teachers and peers.
- Students can express their individuality in school uniforms by introducing variations and adding accessories.