Welcome to Mrs. Vaillant Math 8th Grade Class
St. John's University
Sylvan Hills Middle Schools
Grade 8 Mathematics Teacher
Class Location: Room 3023
Tutorial Day and Time: Wednesdays from 4:15 pm to 5:15 pm
12/9 Week Homework
pgs 459-460 from textbook
* STAR assessment week 12/16*
12/2 Week Homwork
Past due: Turn in Volume Study Sheet
Volume worksheets: cylinder, cone, and sphere
Homework week 11/18
Mathbook pg 395-396
Bring Laptops in daily
Homework week 11/11
Mathbook pg 369-370
BENCHMARK TESTING NOVEMBER 6-7!!!
Create a study sheet for solving Multi-Step Equations and Pythagorean Theorem due Friday Nov 8.
Homework week 10/28
Students will show their work in solving 10 multi step equations and indicate if it has one, no, or infinitely many solutions.
1)Page 271 solving one step equations
2)4 two step equations solve/explain steps
3)2 step equations practice problems solve/check
4)2 step equations study sheet
Complete pg 223
Adding and Subtracting Scientific Notation Worksheet
Homework Week 9/30
Textbook pgs 207 and 215.
Create a study sheet on wrting numbers to and from scientific notation (must have 3 examples both positive and negative exponents)
Homework 9/23 week students will work on creating and edit a study sheet on the properties of exponents.
9/23 week: Students will focus on the following laws of exponents: power of a produc, power of a qoutient, simplifying with negative and zero exponents.
Homework Week 1
- Have your parents sign the syllabus
- Complete commmon squares worksheet
- Complete square roots worksheet
Homework Week 2
- Adding and Subtracting square roots worksheet
- Square roots with fractions worksheet
- Cube and cube roots worksheet
- Study for quiz and pg 237 from textbook
Homework Week 3
- Make a list of 5 rational numbers and 5 irrational numbers
- Make corrections to minute 1 drill
- Comparing and ordering rational and irrational numbers worksheet
Week 3 (8/26) Lesson: Rational and Irrational Numbers
Students will have a short assessment on squares, square roots, cubes, and cube roots.
Current Unit of Study
8/1 - 10/9 Exponents and Expressions
10/10 - 11/20 Pythagorean Theorem and Volume
12/2 - present Functions