🤩This is Denise King, your National Honor Society Sponsor. Here are a few clarifications as it relates to NHS Seniors and graduation stoles.
- -If your senior was inducted into the MJJ National Honor Society last year as a junior, then he/she will need to submit $20 for dues by Friday, May 10th, 2019 for a graduation stole.
- -If your senior was inducted into a National Honor Society Chapter at another high school as a junior last year, then he/she can transfer their membership to MJJ's NHS. They can do this by: 1) providing membership verification to the MJJ NHS Google Classroom using class code: tavuro7 ; and 2) submitting $20 dues by Friday, May 10th for a graduation stole.
- -If your senior is a NEW INDUCTEE to MJJ's National Honor Society (a list of New Inductees is on the MJJ Website & these new inductees have been contacted via the MJJ NHS Google Classroom & Ms. King) then he/she will need to submit $20 dues by Friday, May 10th for a graduation stole.
- -If you are unsure whether your senior is a member of the MJJ National Honor Society, please call or text me, Ms. King at 678-337-1343 and include your name & the name of your senior.
- -If you know your senior is a member of the MJJ National Honor Society but your senior is unable to pay the $20, you need to call 678-337-1343. There MAY be scholarship funds available to cover the cost of a stole for your senior-baby.
The due date for dues money, $20, for NHS seniors this is year has been extended to next Friday, May 10th, 2019 to either Mr. Murray in the Main Office or Dr. Still in the Media Center. Once your senior gets their receipt, they can keep it. I don't need it. So, if you want your NHS senior to be recognized for his/her achievement at Visions on Sunday, 5/19 and at Graduation, 5/24, the $20 MUST BE PAID by Friday, May 10th, 2019. This way we can ensure they arrive on time. 🤗
If you want access to the MJJ NHS Google Classroom, please send me your email address. I can send you an invitation to join the G-Classroom. If you have ANY questions about the National Honor Society and these graduation stoles, PLEASE FEEL FREE call or text me at 678-337-1343 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The best way to reach me during the school day would be via text at that number (I don't get much cell service at all in the building). www.nhs.us Take good care and CONGRATULATIONS to you and your graduating NHS Senior! 🎊🎉🎊❤️☺️
Ms. Denise King
American Literature, Writer's Workshop, and AP Lang & Comp Instructor
Proud English Department Chair
Maynard Jackson High School
801 Glenwood Avenue SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30312
Google Voice: 678-337-1343