Welcome to SPARK!
We are excited to welcome your family to Springdale Park Elementary or "SPARK". Our goal is to make the enrollment process a smooth one for all students and families new to our school. Please take a moment to read through our registration "Questions and Answers" (Q & A). You will find information that will take you step by step through the registration process. New student registration will begin on March 14th, 2022. You can register your child 100% online. You are welcome to schedule a tour of the Main Campus or Kindergarten Center (Tour Sign-Up) and all new parents to SPARK will be asked to join us for New Parent Orientation on July 29th at 8am. Welcome to SPARK! Home of the Dragons!
New Parent Orientation
Q & A about registration at SPARK!
Check your address by clicking on the link. Address Locator
Once you have entered your address the address locator will let you know specifically which school(s) your child should attend. If you are not in the Springdale Park school zone, your child will not be able to attend SPARK. SPARK is not a "School Choice" school. We are currently over our capacity and will only enroll students who live within our attendance zone.
SPARK has two campuses. All SPARK Kindergarten students will be located at the SPARK Kindergarten Center at 999 Briarcliff Road, approximately a half mile from the main campus. For more information on the Kindergarten Center please click the link. Kindergarten Center Information
If the answer is yes, then you may register your child for Kindergarten at SPARK.
If the answer is no, your child can not be enrolled until the next school year.
Parents are able to register at any time using the online registration platform provided by the district. We encourage all new families to SPARK to follow the online registration procedures found on the Atlanta Public Schools webpage.
SPARK will also offer on site registration at the SPARK Kindergarten Center at 999 Briarcliff Rd. on March 14, 15 and 16 from 9-12.
The following documents are needed to register your Kindergarten student:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Student’s social security card
- Proof of residency
- Photo ID
- Immunization record (GA Form 3231)
- Ear, eye, and dental records (GA Form 3300)
- Proof of residency – lease or mortgage statement and current GA Power bill (within 30 days)
Click here for complete registration instructions.
Complete registration instructions are on Atlanta Public Schools website.
Use this district generated cheat sheet for parents to take you through the registration process - Online Enrollment Guide for New Parents & Students
The sooner that SPARK knows a final student count, the better we can prepare needed class space and the right number of teachers. Timely registration reduces the chances of “leveling” (adding a teacher due to unexpected class size, which splits up classrooms a few weeks after school starts). When spring registration is held, families thinking of sending their child to SPARK for Kindergarten should register during this period. Families can always un-register with a phone call/email if plans change.
APS requires rising K families provide the following (see APS’s registration page for forms)
1. Will your child turn 5 by September 1st, 2022?
2. Parent/Guardians must provide one of the following:
- Valid Georgia Driver's License or state issued ID
- Valid U.S. Passport ID
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Government ID
3. State of Georgia Immunization Form 3231 - Please check the APS Website for further information regarding Immunizations.
4. State of Georgia "Hearing, Dental and Vision" Form 3300
5. Birth Certificate(Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1st)
6. Student's Social Security Card
7. Proof of Residence in SPARK school attendance zone
- Deed, Mortgage Statement or Lease
- Current Electric Bill(GA Power, etc.) if lease includes utilities, please submit a copy of tax, auto insurance, or auto registration with address zoned for SPARK in parent/guardians name.
8. Affidavit of Residency Form/Lease Verification
9. SPARK Medical Form
10. SPARK Student Information Form
11. Did you complete an online registration? Online Registration Please be sure to complete the entire registration process online including uploading all required documentation.