A Professional School Counselor is someone who helps students, parents, and teachers in the school setting. School Counselors assist students with issues such as problem solving, understanding feelings, bullying, and making new friends. As your counselor I will do the tasks listed throughout the school year:
* Talk with students individually.
* Meet with students in small groups.
* Visit classrooms to teach lessons about things that will help kids in and out of the school.
* Consult with teachers and parents to help students be successful.
* Plan transitioning activities to middle school.
* Plan and organize assemblies and Career Fairs.
* Work with school partners to help kids with various concerns and issues.
* Assist with school-wide programs and initiatives.