Providing Support for Our Students
The mission of the Counseling Department is to empower all students to reach their full potential through a comprehensive program addressing academic, career, and personal/social development. It is our commitment to guide and support students to help them be successful in all aspects of school and work collaboratively with parents in the community.
The vision is to work collaboratively with parents and community partners to provide guidance to students regarding academic achievement, social behavior, and career development.
Counselor Roxanne Jackson
My name is Roxanne Jackson and I have been in education for 24 years. I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from State University of West Georgia and my Master’s Degree from Troy State University. I taught kindergarten, second grade, and third grade in Fulton County Schools. I am excited to be a part of the Tiger team.
A Professional School Counselor is someone who helps students, parents, and teachers in the school setting. School Counselors assist students with issues such as problem solving, understanding feelings, bullying, and making new friends. As your counselor I will do the tasks listed throughout the school year:
- Talk with students individually.
- Meet with students in small groups.
- Visit classrooms to teach lessons about things that will help kids in and out of the school.
- Consult with teachers and parents to help students be successful.
- Plan transitioning activities to middle school.
- Plan and organize assemblies and Career Fairs.
- Work with school partners to help kids with various concerns and issues.
- Assist with school-wide programs and initiatives.