Corona Virus School Closure 2020
During this time of school closure, in addition to the online assignments your child will be getting from his/her classroom teacher, there are many things to do to further your children's education.
Reading & Math
- Compass Learning - Access Compass Learning from My Backpack to practice reading & math. It is recommended you spend time everyday in the Compass Learning program.
Your child can read using MyOn through My Backpack, click on MyOn. There are also over 400 Spanish/Bilingual books for Dual Immersion students.
Students can read a variety of books from Tumblebooks. Your child can access Tumblebooks through My Backpack, click on e-books, then select Tumblebooks.
- Accelerated Reading
Your child CAN take Accelerated Reader tests during the school closure. Accelerated Reader recently opened up the ability for students to take AR tests at home to practice their reading comprehension. Access Accelerated Reader through My Backpack, then click on the Renaissance App.
- Galileo-Britannica School is a great site for research (current password is: replica).
- Facts4me.com-research for K-2 students. UN: erivers PW: lions
- Mystery Science - currently free
- Brainpop, Brainpopjr. - Access through My Backpack
- Discovery Education - Access through My Backpack
- Stem Scopes - Access through My Backpack
- Newslea -articles on just about everything on your reading level.
- Library of Congress - artifacts on historical events.
- Brainpop, Brainpopjr - Access through My Backpack
- Mystery Science - is currently FREE!