Atlanta Virtual Academy’s Full-Time Program
Atlanta Virtual Academy Full Time Enrollment Goal
The program goal is to provide students with total flexibility and choice around their learning through a 100% online experience as full time students enrolled at their home school.
Atlanta Virtual Academy (AVA) has partnered with Atlanta Public traditional high schools (districtwide) and Phoenix Academy. This partnership enables us to offer all APS students high school students a fully online experience. APS students have the ability to remain enrolled at their home school and be a virtual student.
Through technology, we connect parents, teachers and students and allow students 24/7 access to their courses. AVA's certified teachers provide instruction and online communication to assist students with their learning. Parent oversight and involvement are critical for the full-time virtual student. Students can take all their core, world language, AP, CTAE and elective courses online, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. This model is ideal for students who are competitive athletes, high performing students who want to accelerate faster than a traditional face-to-face model allows for and those students who simply desire to be at off site and work independently at their own pace.
Drop-In Center & Hours
AVA offers full-time students a Drop-In Center at Phoenix Academy to provide continuity and to establish a base for students to report to if they need additional assistance outside of the virtual classroom.
Hours: Tuesday- Thursday 9AM – 4PM
Address: 256 Clifton St SE, Atlanta, GA 30317
Parent & Student Expectations
When a student selects the AVA full-time model, parents must attend a face-to face orientation facilitated by the AVA leadership team. Parents are provided a contract which outlines the expectations.
These expectations include:
· Parents will ensure students have access to a device with internet access
· Parents will agree to participate in progress meetings when necessary
· Parents will agree to the established AVA intervention strategy. If students are not progressing successfully, we implement a multi-step protocol of intervention.
· Parents will agree that if a student continues to experience difficulty, to meet with AVA counselors to discuss the transition back to the student’s home/neighborhood school or Phoenix Academy (whichever applicable).
· Students will agree to complete in 6-day AVA “Strong Start” orientation
· Students will agree to make adequate weekly progress in all assigned courses
· Students will agree to adhere to all school disciplinary policies related to academic integrity and dishonesty in the academic setting.
Final Grade and EOC Testing and Scheduling
A full-time AVA student is scheduled for semester long courses. If it is an EOC course, students will report to their home school to take their Milestone exam. AVA full time students follow the same testing guidelines and testing calendar as outlined by the district.
Full-Time - AVA's New Website