TH Slater Always Needs Volunteers
Volunteering is an important activity that helps our students/your students and Thomas H. Slater Elementary School. Volunteering is an important part of our student's education.
Educating Slater’s Students Takes Everyone!
Volunteers can be...
- Family Members
- Interested Community Members
- Community and Business Partners
All volunteers are asked to:
- Enter the building through the main entrance.
- Use the doorbell to gain entry into the building, after 8:00 a.m..
- Proceed directly to Slater’s main office.
- Complete and/or confirm you have a "Volunteer Release Form" on file in the front office, along with a government issued ID.
- Sign-in in the main office on the IPad provided.
- Obtain and wear a visitor's badge.
- Enjoy your experience!
Volunteers make a difference in our students' lives and play an invaluable role in their education and development. Students' behaviors improve drastically when they know their parents or other interested parties are a part of the school.
Volunteering can occur in various capacities throughout the school year. It includes participation in PTA and Local School Council meetings to assist the school in its progress toward excellence.
Volunteers can help with a wide variety of activities and tasks, in many places at Thomas H. Slater Elementary School, such as:
- Homeroom Classrooms
- Enrichment and Tutoring Activities
- Library Media Center
- Special Events @ T. H. Slater ES
- Field Trips
- Literacy and Technology Lab
- Classroom preparation
- Specials Classes: PE, Art, Music, & Mandarin Chinese
- PTA Sponsored Events and Tasks
- And many more!
Want to get involved?
Find out how you can help, contact the Parent Center at T. H. Slater Elementary School. (404) 802-4056 or email Lauren Boswell at LBoswell@purposebuiltschools.org