Meal pick-up being provided by the YMCA:
Atlanta Classical Academy (in partnership with Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA at Buckhead)
3260 Northside Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30305
Service: Drive thru pick up snack & dinner
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Finding Additional Food Pantries
To locate additional food pantries, text FINDFOOD or COMIDA (Spanish) to 888-976-2232 and enter the zip code when prompted.
United Way - in collaboration with Lyft - is offering ONE (1) FREE round trip ride for you and your family.
Types of rides available:
- FOOD ACCESS: Food pantry, grocery store
- HEALTHCARE: Any time of non-emergency medical appointment such as medical, vision or dental appointments, ER return home, behavioral health (substance abuse rehab, mental health services), physical therapy, to and from VA or access to other non-emergency healthcare services.
- EMPLOYMENT: Job interviews, job fairs, job training or completing other pre-employment steps like fingerprinting.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Appointment to apply for financial or public assistance
- Passengers must call 211 to request a ride
- Once in a lifetime round trip
- Rides are only scheduled between 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday
- If a ride gets missed, it counts towards the once in a lifetime trip and cannot be rescheduled
- Drop off address must be within a 25 mile radios from the original pick up address
- Clients will need to provide their own child car seat (if they need one).
- There are no special vehicles to accommodate disabled clients. Clients in wheelchairs, must be foldable and able to fit their wheelchair in a regular 4-door sedan.
E.Rivers Students can receive free bagged meals Monday through Friday at Central MH Village (1505 Chattahoochee Ave. Atlanta, GA 30318) between 11a.m. and 12p.m. Meal distribution is held behind the Leasing Office.
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, all APS students can daily receive free bagged meals at 5 school sites that will be open for food distribution Monday through Friday, March 23 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Douglass High School
- Cleveland Ave Elementary School
- Bunche Middle School
- Sylvan Middle School
- Phoenix Academy
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, APS partner, GOODR, will provide ready to eat meals at the following local community sites:
- Hosea Williams Feed The Hungry (4779 Mindy St. Atlanta, GA. 30366, 404-755-3353)
Food Pantry - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 a.m. - Noon
Bring ID and Social Security Card
- Loaves and Fishes @ St.John the Wonderworker Parish (543 Cherokee Ave., SE Atlanta, GA. 30312, 678-373-9433) Serves food Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, all APS families can report to one of the 5 open APS school sites Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. to receive a bag of shelf stable grocery items from the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
Additional ResourcesClifton United Methodist Church2918 Clifton Church Rd., SE Atlanta, GA 30316(404) 241-33883rd Wednesdays 10:00-12:30 pmSalvation Army- North Druid Hills Unit/Atlanta Temple Corps2090 N. Druid Hills Road Atlanta, Georgia 30329(404) 486-2800Tuesday-Friday 9:00-11:30am and 1:00-4:00pmSocial services and emergency financial assistance is offered. Programs can provide Christmas gifts, food boxes, summer meals to school students, and funds for rent or cooling bills. More on food assistance from Atlanta Salvation Army.Toco Hills Community AllianceSt. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church1790 LaVista Rd., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30329(404) 325-0677Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1:00 pm-4:00 pmMidtown Assistance Center Inc.,30 Porter Pl., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30308(404) 681-5777By Appointment and select zip code onlyIn addition to food, a number of other social services and financial aid is offered. Apply for food, help for bills, rent, clothing, and access a thrift store. This is a regional social service agency, and staff can also help clients apply for SNAP food stamps, summer meals for students or The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta1328 Peachtree St., NE Atlanta, Georgia 30309(404) 228-7766Monday and Wednesdays 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmIn addition to distributing free food in Fulton County, the agency may have canned goods, personal hygiene products, and personal toiletries.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, we are putting in place two substantial program enhancements to help these families deal with this crisis.
- We will make it even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign up by offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- Also, we are increasing Internet speeds for the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.
For more information about Internet Essentials, please click here.
Food Distribution Delivery Help from Uber
The ride-sharing service Uber is offering Atlanta families a discount on travel to and from food distribution sites. To help families whose children normally eat free breakfast and lunch at school, the district opened 10 school buildings where families can come between 10 a.m. and noon to pick up sack meals.
Uber on Friday, March 20, announced it will offer a 25% discount for trips to and from those pickup locations until April 10. Uber passengers can use the promotional code “APS2020” to access the discount. The code can be used for travels using UberX or UberXL trips during the times the district is distributing meals.