Overview of AVA Jr.
Apply for the 2023-2024 School Year Here. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 10, 2023.
- AVA is a program, not a school. Therefore, students must be enrolled at their zone school to receive AVA enrollment.
- If your student applies for AVA for Fall 2023, and they are not currently enrolled in an APS school, you must complete OLR prior to your student being enrolled in Atlanta Virtual Academy. Failure to complete OLR or remain enrolled at an APS zone school, will result in AVA enrollment being forfeited.
- Prior to the application deadline, all applications submitted on the last day receive the same consideration as applications submitted on the first day.
- No late applications will be accepted after the application window closes on March 10th.
- Students with 504 and/or IEP will need to have their services reviewed to ensure they can be implemented in a virtual setting.
- Accepting a seat offer into AVA is a semester-long commitment. Therefore, once the parent accepts the seat offer for Fall Semester 2023, they may not return to their zone school until the end of the semester - January 2024.
- AVA families are expected to monitor student progress, productivity and attendance.
- AVA students can participate in extracurricular activities at their home schools.
- AVA students take all national (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP) and state (EOG, EOC) exams at their home schools.