Preparing your Children for Face to Face Instruction at SPARK!
Our students are very important to us at SPARK and we want to make sure that they understand why school will be different than what they have experienced in years past. We ask that parents help us out by speaking with your kids about the importance of wearing masks, social distancing and following school rules prior to them returning for Face 2 Face instruction. We appreciate you working with us as we strive to keep everyone safe! We have included a few videos that you can use while talking about safety with your children.
Please be sure to go over the following with your kids:
1. New SPARK Safety Protocols (See video)
2. Why do we have to wear a mask? (See video)
3. What is social distancing? (See video)
4. When we get to SPARK what do I need to do to get to my classroom? Arriving at SPARK Videos!
We are excited about our kids being back in our SPARK buildings, but we need your help in screening children every morning before they come to SPARK! Take a look at the screening protocols that you should conduct daily with your children.
Does your child have any of the following symptoms?
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain or soreness
- Temperature greater than 100°F or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste of smell
Your child should not return to school if:
- They are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above.
- They are taking medication to reduce fever.
- They have a known exposure (close contact) with an infected person.
Exposure or close contact includes living in the same household, being within 6 feet of the person for 15 minutes or longer, or being in direct contact (e.g., sharing utensils, coughing, sneezing, kissing, etc.).
We are confident that with your help SPARK will have a successful return to Face to Face instruction!
If your child has or has been exposed to someone with Covid19
If a child tests postive, has been exposed to someone who is positive or is showing symptoms/has a fever above 100 degrees or above, please do the following: Immediately contact your child's 3rd Quarter teacher, Dr. Toney (Jennifer.Toney@atlanta.k12.ga.us), Mr. Harness (Terry.Harness@atlanta.k12.ga.us) and Denise Bringslid (DmBringslid@atlanta.k12.ga.us) as well as our school nurse. (
- Nurse Carr (KCarr@atlanta.k12.ga.us) at main campus
Upon receipt of the email:
1. SPARK, with the assistance of our school nurses, will conduct an investigation to determine who within the school has been exposed.
2. SPARK will then assign your child to a "Temporary Virtual Teacher" for the quarantine period. There are two levels of quarantine:
- 7 Day Quarantine - A 7 day quarantine will occur at a minimum with the caveat that the child is tested and receives a "negative" Covid19 result. Those negative results must be shared with SPARK prior to the child returning for Face 2 Face instruction.
- 14 Day Quarantine - A 14 day quarantine will occur if a parent/guardians opts out of testing their child for Covid19.
3. After the child has quarantined for 7 or 14 days, the student will return to their Face to Face