Comprehensive COVID-19 Testing Strategy
In an effort to mitigate COVID-19 in our schools and community, Atlanta Public Schools (APS) has adopted a Comprehensive COVID-19 Testing Strategy in collaboration with public health officials, community partners, universities, and healthcare organizations.
This strategy works with our school-based APS Care Centers and community resources to provide testing for the following groups:
- All APS Staff will now participate in mandatory, twice-weekly testing
- Students with symptoms identified through the health screening protocols
- Students who have had contact with someone with COVID-19 in the school or workplace
- Students with possible exposure in the context of outbreak settings
- PLUS surveillance testing for individuals who are asymptomatic.