Atlanta Public Schools (APS) remains focused on ensuring the health and safety of our students and staff in our schools and buildings. As we launch our 2021-2022 school year, we want to remind everyone of our APSProtects approach, which encompasses our comprehensive COVID-19 health and mitigation protocols:
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing: Our district will continue to provide weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing in our schools and buildings. Learn more below about our new more convenient e-consent form for parents and staff.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: We continue to encourage everyone ages 12 years old or older to take the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine is widely available throughout our community, and the Fulton County Board of Health has several options available as well, including mobile units. See more details below.
- #MaskUp: APS is implementing a Universal Mask Wearing protocol in all schools and buildings. Masks are required for all students and staff in all schools and buildings during the school and workday, as well as all indoor after-school activities, clubs, and programs. Review all of the district’s mask-wearing requirements in the link below.
- Immunizations: Don’t forget, Georgia state law requires all of our students to have a valid Certificate of Immunization on file with the district, and immunization requirements for students entering or transferring into the 11th grade have been revised. Get all the details below.
- HealthCheck: APS has partnered with Stratum Health Solutions to secure HealthCheck, an online tool that helps safeguard the health of students via daily wellness check-ins. Daily health screenings and temperature assessments have been the norm since in-person instruction resumed in 2021. The HealthCheck screener simplifies the process. Be sure you are using HealthCheck every day before sending your child to school.
- Quarantine Guidance: As part of the district’s Health and Safety Guidelines, APS has prepared Quarantine Protocols that include specific details on who needs to quarantine after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case and who doesn’t need to quarantine after exposure. These protocols also include information about what counts as a close contact. Get all of these details in our guidance below.
- COVID Weekly Case Report: This report summarizes COVID-19 cases and associated exposures reported to school and district staff from Saturday to Friday, including positives from surveillance testing, among students and staff who have been on-campus for school, work, or extracurriculars.