Mays High School Dress Code
- Clothing, including spirit wear, must be modest and of appropriate length and fit. Extremely tight clothing, sagging shorts or trousers, or baggy, oversized clothing is not permitted.
- Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain words or symbols that are gang-related, offensive, insulting, embarrassing, obscene, or promote illegal behavior.
- Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain any advertisement or display of words or symbols associated with alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times and must not be visible.
- Caps, hats, head wraps, bandanas, hoods, or other head coverings must not be worn in the school building during the school day unless there is a special activity where they are deemed appropriate by the school principal.
- Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times at school and school sponsored activities. For the safety of students, open-toe shoes/ sandals are not allowed.