Dear APS Professionals,
Atlanta Public Schools will provide a district-wide professional learning day for educators on Friday, August 2, 2013. In preparation for the 2013-2014 school year, professional learning sessions will be offered across the district that are specifically designed to enhance the skills and knowledge base of APS educators. Please review the following information in preparation for this professional learning day.
This professional learning day has been designed for the following employees:
· All teachers (Pre-K through 12th grade) for core and expanded core areas (Fine Arts, World Languages, ESOL, Gifted, PE/Health)
· EIP teachers
· Special Education (only teachers of Moderate – Profound and Autism) All inclusion teachers attend with core content area
· Media specialists
· Speech, OT, PT, Psychologists, Nurses (Health Services)
· Response to Intervention (RTI)
· Testing & Assessment- only for the test coordinator at each site
· Administrators – may attend any session or work at school site
· Paraprofessionals: only Special Education, Pre-K, and ESOL paraprofessionals will attend sessions. All other paraprofessionals report as directed by your supervisor.
Registration – Register before 3:00 pm on Wednesday, July 31th
Participants can register for professional learning sessions by logging into MyPLC; visit the following link to register for sessions: www.atlantapublicschools.us/learningday
Please be mindful of the following details:
· Sessions are divided by grade level bands or specialty areas. Each session has its own course number in MyPLC. Please click on the specialty areas below to view the course titles, registration numbers, and locations for the sessions.
· The registration window closes on July 31, 2013
A site location for each learning session is specified in MyPLC. Transportation will not be provided and parking is limited, so carpooling is encouraged. Additionally, a one hour lunch will be provided and eateries may be limited in certain locations; therefore, participants are encouraged to bring their own lunch.
All participants are required to Kronos at the beginning and end of the day. Additionally, participants will sign-in at the site’s registration area and sign-in at the session’s room location(s).
We look forward to offering you professional learning experiences that will enhance your ability to prepare our students for success in life, service and leadership.
Dr. Linda Anderson
Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning