PSAT/SAT Mock Test Opportunity at NAHS:
In a few weeks, the PSAT for all 10th & 11th graders (Tues, Oct 26) and Free SAT for Seniors (Thurs, Oct 28) will be coming to North Atlanta. A great way to prepare to do your best is with the NAHS Mock SAT on October 16th.
This upcoming Mock SAT is a great practice opportunity for:
- Seniors taking the October 28 and/or November SAT
- Juniors taking the November SAT
- Juniors as prep for PSAT—especially those who may have a shooting for the National Merit Scholarship
- Sophomores as prep for the PSAT—especially those who are considering on doing the IB program next year to help them successfully meet the PSAT score requirement
To register for this event, go to www.applerouth.com/signup and enter the event code M464632.
Please see the attached flyer for more details and to check out all of the Mock and Diagnostic SAT/ACT events scheduled for this semester at NAHS.
Registration for all of these events costs $5.
Environmental ClubStudents will learn more about the clubs activities, including volunteer opportunities, as well as fun social outings. The club dues will be $15. Click here for more information.MYP Project - Class of 2024
10th Grade Virtual Parent Night/IB MYP-Personal Projects
Tuesday, August 31st, 2021 (for Class of 2024 Parents &Students)
Zoom Link: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 5857 8955
Time: 6:00 – 7:00 PM
The 2021-2022 school year is a very important and challenging year in the academic life of your 10th grade student, as she/he is preparing to exit the IB Middle Year (MYP) Programme and enter IB Diploma (DP) or Career-related (CP) Programme for Grades 11 and 12. As a result, the NAHS 10th grade Counselor and IB MYP Coordinator recognize the importance of being prepared so you (your child) can make the BEST decision for a smooth transition to continue their education within the IB continuum. Therefore, we invite you to attend a mandatory informational parent night to ensure that your child completes the culminating personal project and makes the most of the opportunities available to him/her during the sophomore year.
Topics: Sophomore Year Overview/IB MYP – Personal Projects
Technical Difficulties with Loaner Devices?Parent should call (404) 802-1000 if their child’s loaner device breaks or if they are having technical issues.
- 10th Grade Guidance (Ms. Kaye Boykin, Sophomore Counselor – Class of 2024)
- Academic Support
- Testing Programs
- IB Middle Year (MYP) Personal Projects - Dr. Nikkia Showers, IB MYP Coordinator
IB MYP Personal Project Update
All 10th grade students at North Atlanta High School are expected to complete the MYP Personal Project. Both students and parents can visit the Personal Project tab at www.ibmypnorthatlanta.weebly.com for the Personal Project guide, timeline, resources, documents, and workshop dates. Students will have the opportunity to work on their projects during advisement, but the majority of the work must be completed outside of school.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your advisor or Dr. Showers at email@example.com.
Apply For School Meal Benefits The Easy Way
MySchoolApps is the fast and secure way to apply for free and reduced meals online. Go to: https://www.myschoolapps.com/
North Atlanta High School – There’s an app for that!
That’s right, you can now keep up with all of the who, what, when and where for North Atlanta High School through the North Atlanta High School app available on all mobile devices!
Click here and navigate through to North Atlanta High School on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry or Windows device. With our app, you can:
• keep up with all of our latest news, information and announcements
• find out about events and activities
• contact teachers, staff and administration
• access our online gradebook system and more
• get important documents, picture galleries & other media
• track homework, tests and projects through a virtual assignment book._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________