1. All students will dress in full uniform attire when in attendance during the regular school day which begins 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
2. Girls and Boys will wear the school approved uniform with the school logo. (White (6th), Royal Blue (7th), or Gold (8th) polo-style golf shirt with logo for warm weather and button-down shirts with logo are optional for cold weather months)
3. Alterations to the uniform are unacceptable, i.e.: shortening skirts, rolling, altering or adding to the uniform (For example: decorative scarves are not allowed).
4. All Boys have their uniform shirts tucked in at all times.
5. Belts will be worn with khaki-colored pants or shorts with belt loops. Belts should be plain and one color.
6. Clothing must fit.
o Shirts should not be purchased which are too short or tight
o Boys should not purchase pants that are excessively large
7. Students may NOT wear anything that is not part of the approved uniform.
o No personal tee shirts allowed
o Team sports uniforms or warm-ups will NOT be worn anytime during the period from 8:30 AM through 3:45 PM, unless approved by the Principal. On game days, students may, if the Principal or Athletic Director authorizes it, may wear appropriate “spirit attire”
o No sweats, jeans or jogging warm-ups will be worn underneath the uniform
Shirts / BOYS & GIRLS
· 6th grade WHITE polo-style golf shift with school logo*
· 7th grade ROYAL BLUE polo-style golf shift with school logo*
· 8th grade GOLD polo-style golf shift with school logo*
*Appropriate colored button-down shirts with logo are optional for cold weather months*
Pants / Shorts / Capris
· Only khaki colored pants/shorts (below the knee)/capris will be allowed for males and females
Skirts / Skorts
· Only khaki colored skirts and skorts are allowed; these items must extend below the knee.
Earrings, Body Piercing, and Tattoos (applies in school and at after school activities)
- Boys--No Earrings or Body Piercing
- Girls--Earrings in ears only, No Body Piercing
- No visible tattoos for boys or girls
- All students will stay in uniform during all field trips, and school sponsored activities, unless the school announces otherwise
- No bare feet
- Students may wear any style that they prefer with the exception of bedroom slippers, flip flops, and thronged sandals
- Teachers will inform students of footwear requirements that are to be followed in specific classes (i.e. Science classes, Physical Education, etc.)
- Boys' hair should be clean and well groomed.
- No extreme hairstyles or extreme hair coloring will be allowed
- Girls Hair:
- Girls' hair is to be clean, well groomed and in a simple style
- No extreme hairstyles, razor shaved portions or completely shaved or extreme hair coloring
Hats, Headwear and Sunglasses
- No bandannas for boys or girls
- Hats are not to be worn in the buildings or during class time; students caught walking with a hat in their hand will have their hat confiscated to be released to their parent or guardian only
- Sunglasses are not to be worn in the buildings or during class time
- Caps or sunglasses worn in the building will be confiscated until the end of the quarter
- Coats and/or jackets may be worn during cold weather; however, they cannot contain logos with explicit language, mention of drugs, weapons, sex, or offensive material
- Hoodies are not allowed
- Reminder: Shirts are not jackets
The following are NOT allowed:
- Any clothing that contains logos with explicit language, mention of drugs, weapons, sex, or offensive material
- Revealing sleeveless, tank, halter, crop, spaghetti strap, low-cut, off the shoulder or revealing tops; sheer or see-through blouses
- Short skirts (shorter than 4 inches above the knee) or short shorts (shorter than mid thigh) on girls
- Skin tight clothing
- Clothing with holes
- All sheer or see-through skirts/dresses without a slip
- “Sagging” pants/shorts or underwear showing on male or female students.
- Fishnet stockings
- Any colors that are not associated with the school uniform color requirements
Outside of the School Day (After 3:45 PM)
Students are NOT required to wear the school uniform to athletic events, dances and other activities outside of the school. However, a DRESS CODE applies to these activities. Students who break the code will not be allowed into the event, may be asked to leave the event, and/or face consequences from administration in the school days that follow the event. Potential consequences include loss of privileges to attend future activities outside of the school and/or can lead up to out-of-school suspension.
Students are expected to dress in a manner that is consistent with the basic educational mission of the Atlanta Public Schools and to avoid disruption of the instructional process, violation of health and safety standards, and offence ofcommon standards of decency. Students dress shall meet the following minimum requirements:• Clothing, hairstyles, and jewelry must not be distracting, cause a disruption,or constitute a health or safety hazard.• Clothing, including spirit wear, must be modest and of appropriate length andfit. Extremely tight clothing or baggy, oversized clothing is not permitted.• Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain words or symbols that are gang-related,offensive, insulting, embarrassing, sexually suggestive, obscene, or promoteillegal behavior.• Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain any advertisement or display of wordsor symbols aassociated with alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco.• Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times and must not be visible.• Caps, hats, head wraps, bandanas, hoods, or other head coverings must notbe worn in the school building during the school day unless there is a specialactivity where they are deemed appropriate by the school principal.