Prospective Parent Information
Welcome to our wonderful school! Morningside Elementary School has two campuses: MES Main Campus (Grades 1 - 5) and the MES Kindergarten Center. Come visit us to see and learn about our facilities, our programs, our students, and our excellent school community. All prospective parents are welcome, regardless of your child's predicted enrollment date. No children, please. Tours are held during school hours on scheduled dates. See our tour scheduled listed below.
Want to learn more about the future of the Grady Cluster: our high school, middle school and elementary schools? Review the slides from Superintendent Dr. Meria Carstarphen's 2019 Annual Grady Cluster Superintendent's Town Hall Meeting here. For updates on projects in the Grady Cluster visit the Grady Cluster Updates Page on our MES Community Page.
2019/20 REGISTRATION:LOCATION & PARKING:
Main Campus (Grades 1 - 5):
- Location: 1053 E Rock Springs Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
- Parking: Visit the Main Campus Parking Map.
- There are very few visitor parking spots at our MES Main Campus, and they are usually full. Parking is most convenient on the neighborhood streets. Please respect no parking signs and driveways. The Haygood parking lot is not available for MES visitors or individuals registering students.
- Location: 999 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
- Parking: Visit the Kindergarten Center Parking Map
APS Registration Documents for New MES Students are now availableFor details about registration and the required documents which you will need to complete registration click here. Please bring copies of all required documents with you to registration on the dates listed above.It is imperative that you work with us and submit all required documents during the requested time frame. Proper submission of the required documents allows us to submit accurate enrollment numbers to Atlanta Public Schools, which helps us to properly staff our school.Time Saving Tips
- Online Registration: I registered my new student (k-5) online, do I need to attend a registration at the school? Yes, to finalize the student’s registration process you must attend an onsite registration. Please bring your online registration confirmation number and all paperwork so they can verify that all necessary paperwork has been uploaded and is legible in the APS system.
- Your Pediatrician/Dentist may have a 7-14 day turn around time for your child's Immunization and Georgia Vision, Hearing & Dental form request.
- Notarize your Affidavit of Residency in advance.
- Make sure all required documents are with you on site. APS cannot process incomplete applications.
- MES Registration Questions:
- APS Student Relations or call 404-802-2233
2019/20 TOURS:Prospective parent group tours are held at the MES Main Campus and Kindergarten Campus on specified dates. Tour dates will be posted on this website as soon as they become available.BACK TO SCHOOL CHECKLIST: