Contact Our Offices
The Office of Teaching & Learning:
The Atlanta Public Schools (APS) Teaching & Learning Office’s mission is to create the conditions for our student to have a high-quality learning experience that will position them for success beyond our PreK-12 system. This office is committed to providing comprehensive academic programming enriched by research-based curricula, continuous improvement in the design and delivery of intentional, standards-based instruction, a formative process for monitoring learning, cultivation of social emotional competencies, and differentiated supports designed to remove obstacles to learning. This means that, every day in every classroom, our focus is to facilitate relevant student learning experiences that not only provide significant and meaningful connections but are grounded in the knowledge, skills, and academic rigor our students will need to effectively navigate the 21st century global landscape.
As part of its mission, the Office of Teaching & Learning:
The Teaching & Learning Office is comprised of the following departments: CTAE, Curriculum & Instruction, Early Learning, Professional Learning, Social Emotional Learning.For more information contact:Dr. Olivine Roberts, Ed.D.Assistant Superintendent, Teaching and Learning130 Trinity Avenue, S.W.Atlanta, GA 30303-3624(phone) 404-802-2724(fax) 404-802-1601
- provides oversight, direction and leadership for the district’s PreK-12 programs;
- leads the development, implementation, monitoring and support of standards-based curriculum, instruction, and assessment to ensure that students attain proficiency of the standards;
- assures alignment and consistency of the curriculum within and across grade levels;
- provides resources and instructional strategies that promote high expectations and learning for all students;
- guides and supports teachers and administrators in the implementation of research-based curriculum and instructional practices;
- organizes, facilitates, and supports professional learning for teachers, support staff, and administrators; and
- reviews programs and practices to ensure efficacy and to reflect current research.