Check Summer Youth Programs and Hiring alerts for Job Seekers below.
- The Construction Ready Training Program is a four-week accelerated NCCER ACCREDITED, hands-on construction training and certification program that is offered in four locations in the Metro Atlanta region. The Construction Ready program connects participants to some of Atlanta’s top construction companies, which quite often leads to employment. This is a FREE background friendly and drug-free class for all eligible residents in the City of Atlanta and the following counties: Cobb, Cherokee, Clayton, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale. Interested participants, MUST attend an Information Session to start the process of enrollment. To learn more about Construction Ready, click here. To learn more about Construction Ready’s Training Partner HB NEXT, click here. If you have any questions as to what Information Session you should attend, contact Veda White, Student Success Manager, at 404-692-1542 or email email@example.com. Please see the following information session locations to apply.
o Construction Ready at Westside Works is offering Information Sessions for residents of 30314 and 30318 zip codes at Integrity Transformations (692 Lindsay Street NW Atlanta, GA) on Wednesdays at 9:30 AM. Click here to receive info & to sign up for the next Information Session.
- Goodwill of North Georgia hosts Weekly Job Training Information Sessions at its 13 Goodwill Career Centers each month. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Works Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Goodwill provides funds for able bodied adults who are eligible to receive food stamps. The Good Transitions: Young Adult (DOL-ETA) Program (email@example.com) at Goodwill provides funds for individuals 18-24 who have had involvement with the criminal justice system in high-poverty, high-crime areas. To learn more about all that Goodwill offers, interested participants can attend an information session at any Goodwill Career Center. Goodwill is also actively recruiting for ongoing job training programs at the sites noted below. Click here to register on Career Connector for Virtual Services and find additional career center information and locations.
- Cartersville – Skills Training Information Sessions – Tuesdays, 10AM, Cartersville Career Center (929 Joe Frank Harris Parkway SE, Cartersville, GA). Contact Ashia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-276-7036 for more information. Currently recruiting for upcoming Logistics, Hospitality and Forklift training programs.
- Decatur – Customer Service Contact Center Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 2:00 PM, Decatur Career Center (2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 200, Decatur, GA). Contact Sylvia Mosley at email@example.com or 404-554-9600 for more information.
- Duluth – Skills Training Information Sessions – Tuesdays, 11:00 AM, Pleasant Hill Career Center (1502 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth, GA). Contact Sylvia Mosley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-554-9600 for more information.
- Smyrna – Skills Training Information Sessions – Wednesdays, 2:00 PM, and Health Environmental Services (EVS) Training Program and Technology Careers Program Information Sessions – Tuesdays, 6:00 PM, and Wednesdays, 2:00 PM, Smyrna Career Center (205 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna, GA). Contact Margaret Johnson, email@example.com or 678-766-8173 for more information.
- South DeKalb – Highway Construction, Forklift, Floor Technician/Custodial, Maintenance, and Environmental Services (EVS) Technician Training Information Sessions – Wednesdays, 2:00 PM, and GoodBiz Information Sessions – Thursdays, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM, South DeKalb Career Center (1295 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA). Contact Ruquais Wiley (for Skills Training Information Sessions) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-728-8605 or Rose Perry (for GoodBiz) at email@example.com or 404-728-8644 for more information.
- Stockbridge – Skills Training Information Sessions – Wednesdays, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, and GoodBIZ Information Sessions – Thursdays, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, Stockbridge Career Center (3871 Highway 138, SE, Stockbridge, GA). A Community Block Development Grant is available to provide job training, skills training, and job placement for unemployed and underemployed Clayton County residents. To learn more about these opportunities, attend one of the Information Sessions. Contact Ray Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-514-0670 for more information.
- Woodstock – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 10:00 AM, Woodstock Career Center (9425 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA). Contact Ashia Walker at email@example.com or 770-874-0901 for more information. Currently recruiting for upcoming Logistics, Hospitality and Forklift training programs
- Atlanta Technical College’s Office of Academic and Student Affairs hosts Wednesday Works, weekly information sessions for prospective students on Wednesdays, at 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM, at the Student Success Center (Academic Complex – Room 1113C, 1560 Metropolitan Parkway, SW, Atlanta, GA). Information sessions are held every Wednesday except for state or federal holidays. Prospective students can speak with advisors, department heads, and financial aid representatives to fast track their acceptance into Atlanta Tech. The application fee will be waived for students who apply during these sessions. Contact Elaina Chance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-225-5067 for more information.
- BB&T Banking is hosting the Bank on Your Success Workshop on Friday, May 17th, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, at the CobbWorks Workforce Development Center (463 Commerce Drive, Suite 100, Marietta, GA). Participants will learn about banking basics, family budgeting, and becoming a homeowner. Click here for a flyer. To register, call 770-528-4300 or email email@example.com.
- Generation, in partnership with Amazon Web Services, is launching a Cloud Support Engineer Training Program beginning on Monday, May 27th, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The 12-week no-cost program is for young adults between the ages of 18 and 29 and will provide hands-on training in 12 weeks with an opportunity to earn the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification. No experience is necessary. Trainees will learn how to launch a career in cloud computing and get help from career coaches for better resumes and interview preparation. Click here for a flyer.
- ABCs of Customs Brokerage, a training partner of Atlanta CareerRise and WorkSource Georgia, is accepting applications for the June 2019 class (June 10th to 14th and June 17th to 20th ). This 9-day, 72-hour dynamic training program prepares students to enter or advance as an international trade administrator, providing entry-level workers with the skills and knowledge equivalent to one year of experience as a customs specialist and the opportunity to earn national certification as a Certified Customs Specialist through the National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America’s National Educational Institute. Applicants must have state ID, high school diploma or GED, basic computer skills, and resume. To apply, email Donna Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for a flyer.
Ongoing Enrollment Opportunities
- Atlanta Public Schools – Adult Education offers FREE GED and English as a Second Language classes in over 14 locations throughout Fulton County. This is an all-year round program with weekly enrollment open to residents in any county. Through employer, post-secondary and workforce development partnerships, the program helps to connect students with top industries and more via career pathway opportunities. The program also assists the English language learner in developing English literacy and basic skills. Classes are offered morning, afternoon, evening and now, online for GED! Those interested in participating in a class can call 404-802-3560 for more information. Click here for a flyer for the GED classes. Click here for a flyer for the ESL classes. Click here for a flyer for Online GED classes.
- Atlanta Technical College’s Adult Education Department offers free Adult Literacy and GED Preparation classes year-round. The program is self-paced with excellent instructors, an educational plan based on your needs in an interactive and supportive environment. We also assist students with furthering their education and developing skills needed to successfully compete in today’s workforce. Classes are offered on the main campus of Atlanta Technical College. Potential students must register to attend orientation and testing. To complete the online registration, go to www.atlantatech.edu, click the Adult Education/GED Prep tab. Click the link that matches your age and complete the registration. You must print and bring the completed documents to Orientation. Contact information: Adult Education Department at 404-225-4433 and email@example.com.
- The City of Refuge is recruiting for several of its skills training programs: Certified Nursing Assistant, culinary specialist, NAPA mechanic, and fitness instructor. Please contact Toni Jackson at Veteran's Molding Minds at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404 838-6799 for more information.
- Juma Atlanta recruiting young adults aged 18-24 for its YouthConnect Program. Qualified applicants receive on the job training at SunTrust Park & Mercedes Benz Stadium over the sports seasons. The six-month program provides Jumans the skill sets needed toward the road to self-sufficiency via three key program components: Earn, Learn, Connect. Jumans earnmoney and the skills to change their future, obtain job-readiness and increase soft-skills. Various certifications and trainings are provided that include two-weeks of Customer Service Training, Sexual Harassment Sessions, Logistics, AED, First-Aid and CPR training. Jumans also learn money management from sessions led by representatives from SunTrust and Regions Banks. Finally, Jumans are connected to entry-level work opportunities from our growing list of national employer partners: Southwest Airlines, CVS, and Amazon, to UPS, Starbucks, T-Mobile and more. Contact Sharon Rowell, Career Coach, at 404-476-9835 or email@example.com for more information or click here to visit Juma’s website.
- Per Scholas Atlanta is now in the selection process and taking applications for its IT Support Training. Per Scholas Atlanta, in partnership with General Assembly, is offering a tuition-free 17-week Coding | Web Development training. After five weeks of learning the basics in web development, students are given the opportunity to matriculate into General Assembly’s 12-week Web Development Immersive training to become a full-stack web developer. Per Scholas Atlanta is also offering IT Support Training, a 10-week, full-time, tuition-free training leading to CompTIA A+ professional certification. Students are led through rigorous, hands-on curriculum by a technology instructor, learning about computer hardware and software, setting up networks, troubleshooting mobile devices, and much more. Graduates are prepared for entry-level employment in IT as Desktop Support Specialists, IT Support Analysts and Network Field Technicians. A High School Diploma or Equivalent is required with minimal experience in Information Technology for both offerings. The Per Scholas IT Support student must be able to attend the 10-week training full time, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The Per Scholas Web Development student must be able to attend the 17-week training full time, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Per Scholas graduates are supported up to two years with career coaching and additional tuition-free educational opportunities. Applications can be completed at www.perscholas.org.
- Per Scholas Atlanta, in partnership with WorkSource Cobb and CobbWorks, is offering FREE Computer Training and Certification for Cobb County residents, ages 18 and up. Students have two course tracks to choose from: (1) IT Support, a 10-week course, to earn a CompTIA A+ Certification and (2) Network Support, a 15-week course to earn a CompTIA A+ Certification and Network+ Certification. Both tracks will have classes Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Students will learn about computer maintenance, computer installation and troubleshooting, networking and security concepts and mobile technology. Click here for a flyer. For more information, contact Per Scholas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southern Crescent Technical College offers FREE GED preparation classes through the Southern Crescent Adult Education Department. Southern Crescent’s adult education department prepares a competitive workforce in Butts, Fayette, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, Spalding, and Upson counties through educational programs that deliver 21st century skills which are designed to be responsive to the individual needs of the learner. Classes in Butts County are offered from 6:00 to 9:00 PM on Mondays through Thursdays. Classes in Fayette County are offered from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM on Mondays through Thursdays, from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM on Mondays through Thursdays, and from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Classes in Jasper County are offered from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Classes in Lamar County are offered from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Classes in Spalding County are offered on Mondays through Thursdays at the following time intervals: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, and 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Classes in Upson County are offered from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Mondays through Thursdays, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To register for GED prep classes, prospective students can click here or call 770-229-3176.
- Tommy Nobis Center is an authorized Ticket to Work provider and is now accepting applications. Ticket to Work is a federally-funded employment program designed for people who want to improve their earning potential and are committed to preparing for long-term success in the workplace. The service is free for individuals age 18 through 64 who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). We are now serving Cobb, Fulton, Paulding, Cherokee, Douglas, and Dekalb county residents. Contact Manish Mazyck at 678-303-3110 or email@example.com for more information. Click here for the flyer.
- The WorkSource Atlanta Regional NextGen (Youth) Program is accepting applicants for its Social Welfare Program Initiative (SWPI), a program to prepare young adults to secure a future that relies on self-sufficiency through family sustaining wages. The initiative provides assistance to obtain a GED, job training and certification, paid work experience, transportation, mentorship and other supportive services. This is a FREE program for residents of Gwinnett and Clayton counties. Interested participants should be ages 18-24 who have dropped out of high school and are direct recipients of TANF, SNAP, WIC, Section 8 and/or Medicaid within the last six months. Residents of Gwinnett County, please contact Helena Wallace at 404-357-4259 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Residents of Clayton County, please contact Kenddal Walles at 470-303-3011 or email@example.com.
SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAMS
- Goodwill of North Georgia is actively recruiting for the Summer 2019 This Way Ahead Internship Program, designed to provide young adults an opportunity to gain skills and confidence in a competitive work environment. These paid internship roles are with GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta stores and include: sales and support; shipment; fitting rooms; merchandise replenishment; store visuals; loss prevention. Goodwill provides Job Readiness Training for interested youth beginning in March. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Tommy Nobis Center is accepting applications for the 2019 Summer EYES program. Program participants will be able to reinforce learning obtained from attending classes of PSA and JRT during the school year by working in the community sites and receiving additional training. Participants will also gain exposure to potential employment opportunities. Each student will have gained the skills needed to obtain employment and further assist them toward goals of becoming a productive member of society. Please send referral information to Elyse Stokes, Program Coordinator, Elyse.Stokes@tommynobiscenter.org by May 17th. Click here for a flyer.
- WorkSource Cobb/CobbWorks Inc. Youth Program is accepting applications for the 2019 Summer Youth Work Experience Program. Program participants will gain valuable employment training experience while making $10.00 per hour for up to 40 hours a week. The Summer Youth Work Experience program is a federally funded program serving Cobb County opportunity youth ages 16-24! Click here for a flyer. Click here for a flyer for graduating seniors. Interested participants should contact WorkSource Cobb to see if you are eligible for the program: Jacob Johnson, Youth Service Manager, at 770-528-2613, email@example.com, or Angela Jackson, Work Experience Coordinator, at 770-528-2668, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond, the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners, and WorkSource DeKalb have launched the 2019 DeKalb Works Summer Youth Employment Program. The six-week program runs from June 3, 2019, through July 26, 2019. DeKalb residents ages 14 to 24 are invited to apply for the program at www.dekalbcountyga.gov/intern. Interns will be paid $10 per hour. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions about the internship program should be directed to Jermaine Hampton at email@example.com, or 404-687-3806. WorkSource DeKalb is seeking worksites for interns. With DeKalb Works, WorkSource DeKalb will provide intern training prior to the start of the work assignments. Additionally, they will cover all payroll and workers’ compensation for interns. Employers interested in participating as a worksite are encouraged to register at: www.dekalbcountyga.gov/worksite.
- WorkSource Fulton's Legacy Youth program is currently recruiting for the 2019 Summer Work Experience project. The program will provide short term paid internships for Out Of School Youth, ages 16-24, and will include jobs available in different career sectors such as customer service, healthcare, logistics, IT and telecommunications. Interested participants should call Robin Cousins, Program Manager at 404-414-4231.
HIRING ALERTS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Premier Placements is actively recruiting for groundskeepers in the apartment industry for positions throughout metro Atlanta. The position does not require any previous experience, nor do they need to own a vehicle. Many of the opportunities are accessible through public transportation. The work is primarily outdoors. The position pays $12 per hour. If you know of anyone who would benefit from this type of work, contact Tina Sibley at 678-965-5690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB FAIRS AND HIRING EVENTS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Job Fair ATL is hosting its next Job Fair on Monday, May 13th, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (265 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA). Job seekers can meet and interview with hiring companies from the following sectors: accommodations, accounting, advertising, aerospace, agriculture & agribusiness, air transportation, apparel & accessories, auto, banking, beauty & cosmetics, biotechnology, chemical, communications, computer, construction, consulting, consumer products, education, electronics, employment, energy, entertainment & recreation, fashion, financial services, fine arts, food & beverage, green technology, health, information, information technology, insurance, journalism & news, legal services, manufacturing, media & broadcasting, medical devices & supplies, motion pictures & video, music, pharmaceutical, public administration, public relations, publishing, real estate, retail, service, sports, technology, telecommunications, tourism, transportation, travel, utilities, video game, and web services. Click here for a link to register.
- The City of Refuge is holding its next Career Fair on Wednesday, May 15th, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, in partnership with Veterans Molding Minds, at its Workforce Innovation Hub (1300 Joseph E. Boone Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Click here for a flyer for dates on future career fairs.
- Hire G.I. is hosting the Fort Gillem Career Fair on Thursday, June 6th, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, at the Fort Gillem Drill Hall (5015 N. 34th Street, Building 900, Office 49, Gellem Enclave, Forest Park, GA). Veterans and transitioning service members are encouraged to attend and the event is open to all branches of service active duty personnel, reservists, family members and Department of Defense employees. Job seekers will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face with local and national employers, network with key community resource partners, and learn about military family benefits and more. Click here for more information and to register.
- The City of Refuge is holding its next Career Fair on Wednesday, June 12th, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, in partnership with Veterans Molding Minds, at its Workforce Innovation Hub (1300 Joseph E. Boone Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Click here for a flyer for dates on future career fairs.