- Perkerson Elementary School
- Home Page
2019-2020 Welcome Letter
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome Back! I am thrilled to begin a brand new year! There are so many new and exciting things in store for our students! I would like to introduce Ms. Shawante Mitchell and Mr. Quentin Neal as our new Instructional Coaches.
Below are some important dates.
• 8/8/19 1 pm- 3 pm- Perkerson Open House (Teacher Meet and Greet)
• 8/10/19 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. Back-to-School Bash @ Georgia World Congress Center
• 8/12/18 7:30 a.m. First Day of School!!!
Please review the important information below to help us have a safe and productive school year:
• We are a uniform school. Students are expected to wear uniforms Monday through Thursday. On Friday, we encourage students to purchase a Perkerson shirt that can be worn with an appropriate pair of pants, jeans, shorts, or skirt. If your child is not in uniform, you will be contacted by the school to address this situation.
• No student should be dropped off at school before 7:20 am. There is no supervision available until that time.
• If your child is going to be a car rider, it is imperative that you follow the directions of those staff members who are directing traffic. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. Your child will be escorted safely to your car. Your patience with the dismissal process is appreciated.
• Please ensure that your child’s teacher knows how your child will be getting home. All changes to dismissal must be in writing and made before 1:30.
• There are NO early sign-outs after 2:00 pm.
• On the first day of school, it is appropriate to walk your student down to class after you have received a visitor sticker. All parents are asked to exit the classroom by 8:00 am so that teachers can begin their day.
• Please visit our website regularly at www.atlantapublicschools.us/perkerson.
Parents, your support this year will make all the difference. Please make sure your students get a good night’s rest, come to school every day on time, complete their homework, and read. I am so proud to be a Wildcat! I look forward to working together this year! We believe. We can. We will.
Tony Ford, Principal