Bee Parent & Community Information
The International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Program (IB-PYP) is the official school reform model for Morris Brandon. Throughout the school, each grade level teaches six integrated units called the Program of Inquiry, each with an international perspective and focus on specific themes.
APS Releases Plan to Fight Post-I-85 Collapse Congestion
As students return from spring break, Atlanta Public Schools is preparing for anticipated traffic congestion due to the closure of Interstate 85. In addition to info listed below, click here to read the official notice. Click here to see updated route times (right-hand column).
The district will implement the following measures starting Monday, April 10:
- Temporary bus compound at North Atlanta High School in order to park buses serving the neighborhoods on the north side of the city
- All bus riders in the North Atlanta cluster – including Morris Brandon Elementary riders – should report to their bus stops 15 minutes early
- All schools in the North Atlanta cluster – including Morris Brandon Elementary – will open doors 15 minutes earlier*
- Impacted buses will be stocked with bottled water in the event that students are stuck in traffic for extended periods of time
School open times:
- Elementary school doors will open at 7:15 a.m. (start time 8 a.m.)
- North Atlanta High School doors will open at 8 a.m. (start time 8:45 a.m.)
- Sutton Middle School doors will open at 8:30 a.m. (start time (9:15 a.m.)
APS officials hope that extending the morning drop-off window for parents will reduce congestion around schools.
The APS Police Department is working with the Atlanta Police Department to provide increased traffic support around schools and neighborhoods.
The district said it will be closely monitoring the situation next week and will make adjustments to the plan as required. Parents and students are asked to be patient as APS works to respond to the traffic pressures associated with the interstate collapse.
*Brandon Parents: Please note that while we will open doors for bus riders upon the arrival of their bus, carpool and walker time of entry remains 7:30. We have a limited number of staff reporting early for our bus riders. We will not be fully staffed to supervise all children until our normal time of 7:30.
New Student Registration
New student registration packets can now be picked up from either campus or downloaded here. Clarification letter/post can be found here. The Primary/Preferred Registration Deadline is Monday, March 20, 2017, with ALL required documents. Please share with friends and neighbors with rising Kindergarten students! Having students registered early helps us effectively plan for teacher and resource allocation and help to keep our class sizes down! NOTE: Registering during one of the late registration windows negatively impacts our ability to effectively staff Kindergarten classes.
CLICK HERE for the new student Registration packet (including rising Kindergartners). Information can also be found within the packet for the Dual Language Immersion Program for applicable grades.
For additional information on the registration process, please click here.