June 7 to July 16
Atlanta Public Schools will observe a modified summer work schedule for annual duty employees from June 7, 2021, to July 16, 2021. Twelve-month employees will have the ability to request one of three workweek options for summer 2021:
- 5-day workweek, (four 7.5-hour days in person, one 7.5-hour day telework, 37.5 hours/week),
- 4-day workweek, Fridays off (four longer* workdays, one day off, 37.5** hours/week), or
- 4-day workweek, Mondays off (four longer* workdays, one day off, 37.5** hours/week).
*Employees who choose the 4-day workweek with Mondays or Fridays off will be scheduled to work 9.5 hours per day, for three (3) days, and 9 hours on the fourth day. Schedules will be modified the week of July 4th due to the holiday on July 5th. Note: Employees who work 8 hours per day will have different schedule options and should contact their supervisor.
After this period of summer hours, leave will be restricted for essential employees from July 10 through July 30 as we all prepare for Day One 2021.
DAILY WORK HOURS
During the summer, all District offices will be open for business from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM. As long as all work hours are covered each day, supervisors may work with employees to establish individual schedules within the following options for individuals who request one of the two 4-day workweek options:
First 3 days
*Option1: Operations only
**Safety and Security employees will have different schedules and should contact their supervisors.
Employees must adhere to one of the six work schedule options. Mix-and-matching schedules is not an option. The start times must be the same each day. You will also be required to keep the same 4-day workweek option throughout the summer period.
Please note that:
- Monday, July 5th will be a paid holiday. Employees will work their normal 7.5-hour day work schedule, not a summer work schedule, July 6th through July 9th.
- In all three options, employees will work in person at least four days per week.
- Each department maintains the ability to review/approve schedule requests and establish flexible reporting times based on their business needs.
- Essential employees can be designated in advance for a full 5 days per week if needed.
- The blackout period for leave requests is July 19th to 30th (two weeks before school starts), except for emergencies.
- Employees on 211 and 231-day schedules will work their normal schedules during the few days/weeks they are scheduled to work in the summer.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.