Current, full-time APS Teachers, Media Specialists, and Counselors
Voluntary Transfer Period for 2017-2018 School Year
March 1, 2017 – April 14, 2017
All APS Schools
In accordance with Board policy GARE “Employee Assignment” eligible certified personnel may request consideration for reassignment or transfer once a year during the voluntary transfer period. Each school year, the Atlanta Public Schools (APS) leadership team evaluates the feasibility of offering certified staff (i.e. Teachers, Media Specialists, and Counselors), the opportunity to submit a request for consideration and voluntary transfer to another location within APS. Additionally, if the APS leadership elects to offer an opportunity to be considered for a voluntary transfer, the process and timeline is developed and communicated to APS staff by the Human Resources division each school year.
To be considered for a transfer, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current teacher, media specialist, or counselor position (unless approved by HR),
- Hold a certificate in available content areas,
- Have not received a Letter of Contractual Difficulty,
- Have not been placed on a professional development plan during the 2016-17 school year, and
- Have not submitted a separation notice for a future resignation or retirement date.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Click here to view our current internal job opportunities. Please make sure to read the job description and responsibilities in the job posting to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for the job.
- You must have a valid "Internal" account in our SearchSoft Applicant Tracking System. Internal applicants receive a shorter application than external applicants. Internal applicants must create a new application, with a different username; a Social Security Number is not required; Voluntary Transfer applicants will receive a shorter application than external applicants.
Steps to apply for a voluntary transfer:
Step 1: Register to create an account or log in.
To be considered for Voluntary Transfer, you must create a new, short Voluntary Transfer application. Please include your Lawson ID and a different email address. A Social Security number is not required.
Step 2: Accept or Decline the disclaimer. Note, selecting decline will not allow an applicant to move forward with submitting an application.
Step 3: Click “All jobs” to review opportunities.
Step 4: Click view and apply to review the job posting and apply for available opportunities.
Step 5: Review the job posting requirements.
Step 6: Click “Apply for this Job”, if interested. Then, complete the questionnaire form and other application prompts.
Step 7: Click “Save and Next” and submit your application!