2014 -2015 Accolades
· Named 2014 Highest Performing School by DOE (2nd year in a row)
· Winner of Target Library makeover
· 5th Grade student Kendall Smith named a Ben Carson Scholar
· 2014 (CCRPI) College and Career Readiness Performance Indicator for West Manor (85.5) is higher than the state (71.9), state elementary (72.6), and district average score.
· 5th grader named to Atlanta Boys Choir
· Finalist for the Georgia Ready Winter Ready Jingle Video contest
· 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners at Georgia State Elementary Debate Contest
· K-2 completes Hero Safety Training
· Partnered with Atlanta Rotary Club (Dr. Robinson to provide dictionaries to all 3rd grade students)
· First Lego Robotics school pilot participant
· Dinner program for after school students
· Girls on the Run program ( 3K run on 11/9/14)
· Mr. Pirtle selected to attend Atlanta’s first Annual Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers (ECET2) on Saturday, November 15th.
· 2 West Manor parents serve on Stakeholder Advisory Committees
· Journalism Club, Beta Club, & Debate Club
· 2 students advance to the state level of the Reflections Competition
· Chess club wins 3rd place in their first tournament
· 3 staff members completed Power up for 30 Training
· Cheerleaders perform at Lakewood Stadium for Mays HS football game & Young Middle
· December visit from Houston Independent school (instructional traits of excellence)
· West Manor honored at the second annual Center for Educational Transformation and Excellence (CFETE) Leadership Empowerment and School Transformation Conference.
· Zoo Atlanta mobile unit visited West Manor for an exhibit
· New Primary playground installed
· West Manor teacher appointed to Superintendent’s Advisory Committee
· West Manor has been selected as one of four schools to participate in a taste test panel for new menu items for the cafeteria contractor.
· West Manor has the highest Average Daily Attendance of elementary schools for October and November
· Gifted class awarded $800 from Donors Choice organization.
· West manor honored at a breakfast by Jump Rope and Hoops for Hearts foundations 2/20/15
· LT Wings celebrates First in Math Champions
· West Manor team takes 2nd place in the district Social Studies Fair
· Students in Mrs. Gamble’s third grade class were selected to illustrate the children’s book Samuel Snyder, The Six legged Spider by Janet Blaskay.
· Honor Roll students given Hawks tickets for educational achievement
· Lockheed Martin donates $1500 to the Robotics Club
· 4th & 5th Grade students take a King Center tour
· Challenge Team Social Studies 1st place project represents Atlanta public Schools in the West Regional Social Studies Fair.
· Mrs. Johnson the Parent Liaison was recognized with the “Heart of a Champion Reward” at a ceremony held at Eagles Landing Middle school
· 3rd place winner in District Spelling Bee (Top elementary performer) advanced to the state competition
· 8 Bronze Level winners at the district Science Fair
· Celena Nixon, a fifth grader, participated in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl.
· 5 District Technology Fair winners going to the state competition, 2 Second place winners, 3rd place winners, and 2 1st grade showcase projects
· 4th Grade Teacher, Mrs. Pettithome has been selected to participate in the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences’ Study of Teacher Preparation Experiences and Early Teacher Effectiveness.
· 20 Healthy Fitness Zone winners
· Cameron Woods received a score of 100 and “Best in Show” award for his project “Out of this World Learning Blog” at the Georgia Media Festival.
· Johnson & Johnson presented West Manor with a $1000 check for completing the most Activity Works sessions in the state
Congratulations to all of our Technology Fair participants. You did an OUTSTANDING job!
DeAndrea West ProjectProgramming 3rd-4th
Mia Ashford Multimedia 5th
Jazlyn Jackson Web2.0 5th
Alaa' McClain Web2.0 5th
Briya Simpson Multimedia 5th
James Bond MobileApps 5th
Nyla Cowan GameDesign 3rd
Addison Bennett GameDesign 3rd
Adrienne Finley Non-Animated 3rd
Jeremy Brown Non-Animated 5th
Abigail Hudson Multimedia 3rd
David Clemons Game Design 5th
3rd Place Winners
Jaylen Wilson Web 2.0 5th
Maci Hodo Web 2.0 3rd
Cameron Weaver GameDesign 5th
First place winners will go to the state Technology Fair on Saturday, March 8 at the MaconCampus of Middle Georgia State College and University.