• L.P. Miles Elementary School is special because:

    Leonora Precious Miles (L.P. Miles) Elementary School began as Bethlehem Church School in 1907 with an enrollment of 73 students. The valuation of the property was $800.

    This was the first school for African-American students in the Adamsville-Boulder park communities. In 1966, the two communities were incorporated through annexation into metropolitan Atlanta.

    In recognition of the efforts and aspirations of this outstanding education, the Fulton County Board of Education accepted the recommendation to name this school L.P. Miles Elementary. On April 16, 1967 this school was renamed and dedicated in honor of Mrs. Miles.