PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION
Every Atlanta Public School has a Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) whose goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. PTOs normally meet once a month. Through PTO initiatives and activities, parents work with the faculty to enhance the school environment and improve student achievement.
WHAT DOES THE PTO DO?
- Supports and organizes schoolwide events
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- Conducts fundraising for school activities
- Assists with special school development projects, landscaping, or community outreach
HOW DO I JOIN THE PTO?
The PTO membership drive begins a few weeks after the new school year starts. Contact our school at 404.802.8650 for information regarding membership meetings and dues.