L.O. Kimberly Elementary School follows the APS Volunteer Registration ProcessVolunteers are an integral part of our instructional program. Below is the APS procedure for registering school volunteers.
- Each school will determine the level of the volunteer’s planned activities based on the guidelines in regulation GAK(1)-R(1).
- If the volunteer’s activities will include level 3 activities (unsupervised interaction with students), a designated school employee will contact HR (Valeria Richardson) to arrange for fingerprinting/background check. Payment for the background check may be provided by the volunteer or funds designated by the local school or PTA. Volunteers may not participate in level 3 activities until they have been cleared by HR. Volunteer background checks must be repeated once every five (5) years.
- Each school will advise the volunteer to complete a volunteer release form and the Volunteer Child Abuse Training.
- Designated school personnel will make a copy of the volunteer’s state-issued photo identification.
- For level 2 volunteers, school personnel will go to the Georgia and federal sex offender registry websites, search for the individual and complete the bottom portion of the volunteer release form.
- If the prospective volunteer is a registered sex offender or fails the background check, volunteer is disqualified from all volunteer activities. The school will keep volunteer release forms for disqualified volunteers on file in main office.
- Once approved, the school will keep all volunteer release forms (including copy of photo ID) on file in main office. The school will ensure that level 2 volunteers and the staff members that volunteers will be assisting are aware that an APS employee or at least two (2) other adult volunteers must be present with them at all times.
Get started today. Download the Volunteer Release Form. For more information, view the Administrative Regulation GAK(1)-R(1) Criminal Background Check - School Volunteers.