Acorns to Oaks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to raise money to support enriching educational opportunities for every child at Garden Hills Elementary.
Tax-deductible donations to the Foundation support the Garden Hills Elementary wish-list:
• International Baccalaureate Primary Years Instructional (IB PYP) Programming: Did you know that Garden Hills Elementary was the first APS school to achieve IB accreditation in 2006? With your generous donations, the Foundation ensures professional development for teachers as well as software and subscriptions that allow teachers to plan and implement lessons and document student work within the 6 Units of Inquiry, each school year.
• Spanish Dual Immersion program for kindergarten and first grade with rigorous language and content instruction daily in English and Spanish. This program will expand with the current first grade class and by 2020, Garden Hills Elementary will have dual language from K through 5th grade.
• Orton Gillingham training to support early literacy skills using a sensory approach for students who may be struggling to learn to read.
• Field trips and performances both in-school as well as away from school to enhance student learning and exposure to rich cultural and engaging academic experiences in the community and beyond.
• Support for our Learning Gardens which allows students to see how healthy fruits, vegetables, and herbs are grown on campus during the school year. Each class has a garden bed to provide students opportunities to plant, care for and harvest healthy foods like kale, carrots, pumpkins, lettuce and watermelon.
Support Garden Hills’ legacy of excellence TODAY by…