Summer School Bus Routes
FINAL EXAMINATION SCHEDULE
Wednesday, May 25
1st Period Exam- 8:00 - 9:55 AM
2nd Period Exam- 10:00 - 11:55 AM
Thursday, May 26
3rd Period Exam- 8:00 - 9:55 AM
4th Period Exam- 10:00 - 11:55 AM
Friday, May 27
Make-Up 1- 8:00 - 9:55 AM
Make-Up 2- 10:00 - 11:55 AM
Senior Parents and Caregivers
This year is quickly coming to a close and graduation will be upon us soon. While this is a very exciting time for our students, they still have a very important deadline to meet. All classroom assignments and community service hours must be submitted no later than May 6th. If you or your student have questions regarding any assignments, please reach out to the appropriate teacher. Please understand that failure of any classes currently scheduled, will result in disqualification for graduation this May, and summer school will be the next option.
Also, it is important that your senior is in attendance and on time daily at Carver STEAM. As a friendly reminder, school begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00p.m Monday- Thursday and on Fridays school hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
If you have questions regarding the graduating status of your student, please contact Ms. Brown, Senior Counselor, at 404-802-4470.
Thank you and have a great day!
CLASS OF 2022
As you all know, graduation is near. There are a few things that your seniors need to complete before May for senior clearance! This includes completing 3+ college applications, submitting the FAFSA, and applying for 2+ scholarship applications. Students need your help with completing the FAFSA as it requires information from their guardian’s 2020 tax forms. Please use this link to schedule a FAFSA Zoom meeting with Ms. Lee, our College and Career Advisor.
January 5 - 7 will be ASYNCHRONOUS DAYS
PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS TEACHER CONTACT INFORMATION, GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODES, AND ZOOM LINKS
As we kick-off the second semester of the 2021-22 school year, our number one priority continues to be the health and safety of our community. Given the rapid rise in COVID-19 cases in metro Atlanta, we are therefore following APS’s decision to hold school virtually for the week of January 3rd. Accordingly, we will have virtual learning on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week (January 5-7). There is no in-person instruction this week.
We expect to be back to in-person school next Monday, January 10th, but will follow APS’s decision on when to return to school. If it turns out that virtual instruction is extended into next week, we will distribute devices later this week to families that need a Chromebook at home.
In the meantime, please read below for detailed information about the schedule for this week, vaccination events, the suspension of all athletics and after-school programs, meal kits, and updated COVID-19 quarantine and isolation protocols.
From January 5-7, we will use the asynchronous model to facilitate instruction. Students will receive schedules on Infinite Campus, and assignments will be posted to Google Classroom. Students will be able to access Google Classroom Codes and Google Voice Numbers on the school’s website, www.atlantapublicschools.us/carversteam. We will also post office hours and links for our teachers and school counselors.
VACCINATIONS and COVID PCR TESTING
It is likely that COVID will have an impact on our schools for some time. The most effective way to keep our school community safe and our school buildings open is through the COVID-19 vaccine (which is now available to all school-aged children) and frequent testing.
- We provide FREE weekly COVID-19 PCR testing at our school every Friday.
- We encourage all students to participate, as frequent testing will help us identify illness sooner so we can take necessary precautions to keep everyone safe.
- To enroll your child in weekly COVID-19 testing, please complete and return the attached form that gives consent for your student(s) to participate.
- PBSA is partnering with Kids Doc on Wheels to host a vaccination event open to the entire PBSA community (students and family members) on Friday, January 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Slater Elementary School. We will send a flier with more details later this week.
- APS is hosting COVID-19 vaccination events for APS students ages 5 and older, as well as family members, on Saturday, January 8 from 10 a.m. – 2p.m. at four sites across the city. They will be offering first shots, second shots, and boosters. All vaccine brands will be available.
ATHLETICS AND AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
All athletics, extra-curricular activities and after-school programs are suspended during this virtual week.
UPDATED ISOLATION & QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS
- Please remember that if your child feels ill, develops COVID-19 symptoms OR has direct contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, keep them home and alert our school nurse IMMEDIATELY.
APS students and families may pick up 5-day meal kits on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 11am to 1 pm, at the following locations:
- Carver High School | 55 McDonough Boulevard, SE
- Douglass High School | 225 Hamilton E. Holmes Drive, NW
- Garden Hills Elementary School | 285 Sheridan Drive, NE
- Hope Hill Elementary School | 112 Boulevard, NE
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School | 545 Hill Street, SE
- Sutton Middle School (Main Campus) | 2875 Northside Drive, NW
- Sylvan Hills Middle School | 1461 Sylvan Road, SW
- Young Middle School | 3116 Benjamin E. Mays Drive, SW
Thank you in advance for your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we continue to work through this pandemic together and keep ourselves, our families and our school community healthy.
RISING 9th GRADERS!
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN!
Please Click Here to Register
ATTENTION ALL INCOMING 9th GRADERS
If you are interested in being part of the 1st P-TECH cohort at Carver STEAM,
Please find the 2021 - 22 Bus Routes Here